Cheaper AC Mod

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The main thing to watch out for is the fact that your evaporator might freeze up with the cooler inlet air....If you go from great A/C to little to none you will likely find a frozen evaporator.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The main thing to watch out for is the fact that your evaporator might freeze up with the cooler inlet air....If you go from great A/C to little to none you will likely find a frozen evaporator.

Must be nice to be where you actually have to worry about that....Like where you really don't even need AC :hail :hail :hail :rotflmao

--------Robert

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need it here too, but only for the 25C-30+C days...LOL

LMAO...um ya we do need it here in Sunny Okanagan. Osoyoos is Canada's only desert climate so we really need it when it starts to hit 35 - 40+ C and believe me having lived in PEI for 2 years, them thar easterners don't know what hot is....25-30 bah humbug

Warm n humid 25-30 yaha but not hot nope nadda try a nice hot 38-42C dry heat which takes your breath away just as if you stepped out and sucked a big breath of -40 air....rofl

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
A dry heat, a dry cold....You westerner's haven't got a clue...LOL....I even have A/C in my house (heat pump), I can't stand a hot day. I know what sick heat is - Florida in July during the Pepsi 400 at Daytona - pure hell in the sun.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I keep forgeting to do this to my new truck... I have everything in the garage just no time to do it...

This was one of the first mods I did to my old red truck... it really helps during the summer.. Hell it's still 110° out right now.. I figure it will hit 112° by 5pm tonight...

Thanks for the reminder to get it done.

BTW --- that's 43°-44° C for you Canadians

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A dry heat, a dry cold....You westerner's haven't got a clue...LOL....I even have A/C in my house (heat pump), I can't stand a hot day. I know what sick heat is - Florida in July during the Pepsi 400 at Daytona - pure hell in the sun.

All I know is I would rather live out East where it's cool than out here where its hot..

Once I have a few more things wrapped up, I'll head east yet again to move back to PEI!

As for that Daytona issue....well I am certain I could suffer through that race....:thumbsup:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yeah, I did and I saw Jr win the first race at Daytona after Sr died....Man it was hot, I almost passed out a couple of times....You southern boy's need to come up here for a winter blizzard, now that I can handle for a joke...LOL....Cold doesn't bother me at all.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I agree....southerners come up here n experience some real cold....

Good cold beer and good cold weather