Cheap Turbo?

norve8c9

Payton
Reaction score
Anyone ever thought about running an electric leaf blower for a turbo or even a gas one for that matter?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yes a lot did I believe. Some have use a supercharger but most (if not every one) come back for a turbo (exhaust powered) wich is better.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no way you can get enough volume or pressure from a leaf blower. If you are joking.......pretty funny. :rotflmao ;Sweet

Heath

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
The electric one might be interesting. Keep driving around your yard, until you snag the cord on something and unplug it. :rotflmao

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
At idle you may be looking at enough air movement to provide boost, however leaf blowers are not intended to produce pressure in any significant amounts for any amount of time.
James

norve8c9

Payton
Reaction score
I'm just kidding but it did seem like a really good idea the night we typed it after a few 30 packs.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Somebody was actualy selling electric turbos on ebay a few years ago. It was a huge joke to us on TDS. It was a really cheesy looking 12 volt blower motor. They where targeting the fast and the furious crowd more than the diesel guys LOL
Ken

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I was reading one of my back issues of Motor Trend today and there is an article about electic assisted turbos. They have a system for a 1.8l gasser that usses 2000 watts of power to spool up a little turbo. They also have a system that has an electric assist blower. In the article it says that a 42 volt electrical system is a MUST to even get the system to work with a larger engine. I dont think it could poddibly work with a large diesel. Just though I would throw that up here.
Ken

L.Wilkinson

Its an Arktos not a Sub
Reaction score
argve said:
It will only work if you use a diesel powered leaf blower.

Actually, this might be possible if you were to use a diesel powered leaf blower with a Turbo on it :Sly
While your at it, if the leaf blower was reversable, you'd be able to clean your air filter too, or at least get rid of leaves that had pulled in there. :backoff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online