Change of plans

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
I have acquired yet another IDI motor. ITs a 6.9L with 4 speed and transfer. The guy also included the radiator. It runs, and runs well. So my plans are to take off the transfer case, and see if my Doug nash will fit, If i can get my doug nash to fit, im going to leave it on there.

Also on the 69, i am not going to turbo the 6.9. Since im going to be using to the truck to pull only a 6-8 trailer and driving it around, and leaving the 4.10s with 35s and overdrive i should be good. If thats a underdrive and i cant use the doug nash ill probably go to 3.31s or 3.54s.

Im going to wait to put the motor in until i get my house/garage (hopefully will all be done mid march)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So your putting this in the '90?? No more mystery project??;Really:D I love the T19. With an overdrive....it would be perfect!;Sweet

Heath

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
No The mystery project is a 1969 Ford F250 (Hi Boy) that im gonan drop this big motor in.

The 90 just has too many miles on it, Body is getting loose, starting to rattle. Needs bushing throughout it. Wouldnt be worth really fixing up. Also the motor is starting to get weak in it. Also the rear axle has a crap load of play in the pinion, and i cant keep a inner hub seal in the rear end in it. and the brakes suck in it.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
There is a couple things im gonna try with that doug nash. IF i cant do them, then im going to go on a few people on the list. Ncheek ill let ya know, i believe its a OD unit

And on my project. The current plan for installing the motor is removing the old motor/motor mounts and frame mounts and seeing how the ones of the newer trucks fit and adapt to the truck