CDR issue

PapiWhitebeard

Reaction score
Gotta work tomorrow but I now focus on the leaking smoke. On the catch can should I expect to actually capture oil? If so how much ( roughly).

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The can I have installed is a filter screen for an irrigation system I think. Tractor supply item. I lined the screen with Scotch bright. When I remove the hose the filter seems to have little effect. Before we got started here I was concerned about the smoke and oil going into the intake. Like I said I'm not fully up to speed on how diesels work. If this all normal diesel characteristics I'm good less the smoke leaking.
Same response as my response in post #13 for how it works. I’m sure your catch can invention will work to a degree, but you might want to put a real one in its place at some point.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta work tomorrow but I now focus on the leaking smoke. On the catch can should I expect to actually capture oil? If so how much ( roughly).
Depends on your specific engine and how much blow by you have. I’ve never put a catch can off the IP cover to tell you liquid quantity.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
A little late, but here's some thoughts. Your set up is not how Banks sold it. Someone tried to make a "high flow" air intake for some reason (in my opinion). That is probably when the blow by was routed into a road draft tube that pointed down to the road. What you're seeing on the underneath side of the hood is the gasses that are still left after you shut the engine off. They are going through your air filter and floating up to the hood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel

Members online