CDD 38 Gallon/Single Tank Conversion Kits

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Wes, this is something I would like to do on both of my trucks. It's great you have gone through the trouble of sourcing the right parts . Love the sump set up. My question is since the tank sets below the frame rails will it clear the mounts for a receiver hitch. Taking a quick look at mine it looks a bit tight but I just eyeballed it.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Wes, this is something I would like to do on both of my trucks. It's great you have gone through the trouble of sourcing the right parts . Love the sump set up. My question is since the tank sets below the frame rails will it clear the mounts for a receiver hitch. Taking a quick look at mine it looks a bit tight but I just eyeballed it.
This tank doesn’t come out and wider or further rearward than the stock tank, just continues down about 7-8” deeper than the stock rear tanks, I’ve installed several with trailer hitched and although I can’t speak for every trailer hitch design they did fit. I did find that it’s a lot easier to install them from the top (removing the bed) if there’s a trailer hitch in the way, since you can install the bottom straps and just set it in, tighten the top straps and then the bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86