CC shortbed 4x4?

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone done one of these with an idi? I can pick up a longbed 2wd down the road and wonderin if it will be worth all the work since I have my own little one on the way:angel:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen pictures of one, so I know it can be done. Not sure how they went about it though. Will this be a 6 foot bed on a crew cab frame, or a crew cab on a 133" standard cab wheelbase with a bed of X foot in lenght?

bigrandy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its easier to start with a crewcab long box frame and shorten it.I've done 2 of these now and it really isnt that bad.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just chop the frame rails behind the cab shorten, and reweld them? I used to own a 97 CCSB, now own a CCLB. Had an ECLB once also. The only benefit I could see is the CCSB would actually fit in my garage. Parking/maneuverability with any of them was nothing short of terrible.
There was a guy on here, Yotee, that had a crew cab placed on a ECLB frame; which ended up being somewhere between a short and long bed

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 96 and 97 only. I've seen 2wd, 4wd, gas and diesel versions. Mine was a 4wd PSD (most of them were).

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
I have a 97 powerstroke crew cab short bed 4x2 and the frame is just a hair shorter than my EC LB

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever put a crewcab,(then a 4' box??) on a regular cab 8' box frame, something like a military HUMVEE length??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online