Carrier Removal

maximus88

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing ball joints,tie rods, axle u joints.
When I pulled the front diff I ended up getting some sand/dirt in there. I want to pull the carrier out and make sure everything is clean. Looks like there is 4 bolts holding in the Ring and spider gears.

Is it as easy as removing these and sliding it out then reinstalling and torquing the bolts?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing ball joints,tie rods, axle u joints.
When I pulled the front diff I ended up getting some sand/dirt in there. I want to pull the carrier out and make sure everything is clean. Looks like there is 4 bolts holding in the Ring and spider gears.

Is it as easy as removing these and sliding it out then reinstalling and torquing the bolts?
no.
there are incidents where the housing distorts and you have to really have some force to get it out.
best thing to do is the makr ans remove the caps. if it slides out easily, great. if not, do not go any further and put it back together and flush it out the best you can.

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
i marked the caps in mine, took them out then pryed the carrier out with a crow bar to change the seals, and then put it back in, no problems, just need to make sure you use proper torque specs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789