Cannot have a single good day

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
1) Sorry you are in such a pain funel, when it rains it pours. Hopefully the storm is about over for you.
2) Like most of us, you just saved thousands in repairs being motivated, handy, and responsible. Think what that all would have cost to farm out!
3) It’s a bummer when you loose an engine but if you do it right you can get another +100k miles out of your truck.

Let me help you feel better. My cousin works for Ford. We go into the shop, there is a 4 year old F350 Dually super crew with 67,000 miles. The entire cab is off and sitting up on the lift. It had an oil leak, faster to pull the cab off than tear parts off the engine to get to what was leaking. Cost the owner $6,000 and Ford was not helping with the bill. You will be able to rebuild your whole motor for what this poor guy spent for a leak.

Your oil sensor is leaking, $35 and 30 minutes, you don’t even have to take the hood off. If you want to upgrade it’s not just the sticker price that is going to stick it to you.

Again sorry you are going through a rough patch.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian, this is the fuse I'm running inline with the 4ga for my glow plug feed wire.

You must be registered for see images attach

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got the same thing off amazon. Things seem fine now.

I think my biggest disgust with the other truck scenario is just not having any of the tools to pull it. I don't want to spend money on an engine hoist and dig super far into something only to by a miracle get the engine out and find out I can't find any shop in my area that will touch it should it come to that. There's not much in my area that either has a horrid reputation or only works on new stuff and is as pricey as a dealer. All the good shops are closed, you basically have to know someone who has dug into an idi before when you need "past your ability help" here.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's not much in my area that either has a horrid reputation or only works on new stuff and is as pricey as a dealer. All the good shops are closed, you basically have to know someone who has dug into an idi before when you need "past your ability help" here.

Yea, once upon time car quest and I think all pro where the local machine shop in the 90s. Then we get a bunch of cheap disposable stuff that floods the market, now there all gone. I forget the latter since closed so long ago and when they closed the machinist left with the tools. Hes has the tool at his house and dose small batch side work, so Im kind of lucky to know where to get some cheap work. Yea, I have been seeing the same with any machinist that still has a building to work out of that they are wanting a arm and leg to do any thing.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Hes has the tool at his house and dose small batch side work, so Im kind of lucky to know where to get some cheap work.
I'm lucky enough to know a guy who does machine work out of his shop at home as a second income. I can't feature him doing it for a living since he works for the local DOT as a mechanic. That would have much better benefits than working for himself. He's pretty reasonable too. He charged me $170 to hone my cylinders, hot tank my block, and install the cam bearings that I gave him. IIRC, he told me that he's not set up for crank balancing or line boring/honing. Other than that, he can do just about anything.