Can you spot what's missing??

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
ok i think there's smething missing here but i'm not sure i hit a bump and heard a loud thud, something seems off here but i can't tell? :dunno

hahahaha ok ok so i didn't fool anyone, i pulled the box off to remove the leaky rear tank as the PO's custom hitch won't allow the tank to drop. as the box came off it kinda folded up, so i left it be till i can get the metal rounded up so i can put the DUMPING flatbed on it. i found the flatbed on the scrap pile in the j/y and after a few months on negotiating on a price my friend talked the owner down to $200! ;Sweet little bit of sandblasting, some primer and brushed on some flat black rustoleum! fantastic! :D i picked up a rugby lift hoist and pump off a 5 ton truck for $450, so i won't have issues dumping anything. :sly i'll make up some nice sides and a tailgate i'll have my personal mini dump truck! ;Sweet;p

-Jon

Attachments

• 1124092241b.jpg
    1124092241b.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 24
  • 1124092241a.jpg
    1124092241a.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 1124092241.jpg
    1124092241.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 1130092209.jpg
    1130092209.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 1130092210.jpg
    1130092210.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 15

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
ok i think there's smething missing here but i'm not sure i hit a bump and heard a loud thud, something seems off here but i can't tell? :dunno

hahahaha ok ok so i didn't fool anyone, i pulled the box off to remove the leaky rear tank as the PO's custom hitch won't allow the tank to drop. as the box came off it kinda folded up, so i left it be till i can get the metal rounded up so i can put the DUMPING flatbed on it. i found the flatbed on the scrap pile in the j/y and after a few months on negotiating on a price my friend talked the owner down to $200! ;Sweet little bit of sandblasting, some primer and brushed on some flat black rustoleum! fantastic! :D i picked up a rugby lift hoist and pump off a 5 ton truck for $450, so i won't have issues dumping anything. :sly i'll make up some nice sides and a tailgate i'll have my personal mini dump truck! ;Sweet;p

-Jon

love the tail lights!;Sweet

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
love the tail lights!;Sweet

that's custom! ;Sweet can't duck it f... it! :rotflmao gotta kinda keep jonny law happy, with no tail lights i'd be puttin the bumper to the test! LOL ....long as they don't notice the whole, no fenders of mudflap nonsense! ;p

-Jon

P.S. i may be selling that bumper, it's f-in heavy! not 100% sure if i am or a price but i'll keep y'all posted!

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question.. lol what did u use to keep the tail lights hooked to the bumper.. if its balin wire then ur redneck if its rip ties ur kind of high class.. haha! i've driven around like that with the bed off and lights wired to the bumper for months and got nothing from the law.. but i also live in a small town. and nice deal on the flatbed.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you plan on making a trip anywhere close to houston any time soon then i would be happy to take that bumper off your hands.;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? :dunno Just had to have another project because your Scout is almost done? LOL Speaking of which... How is form 426B coming? ;Really

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mel, If this is the title change nightmare form that you had to fill out to go from gas to diesel, his Scout had the little Nissan Diesel in it from the factory, so he already has a disesl title for it.........

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score

-Jon

:rotflmao had me goin there.:hail nice score on the flat bed;Sweet i was thinkin about building one for ole blue. but i found a new bed for it:sly. any how cheep the pic's comin;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh right! I couldn't remember what the original engine was. He's golden then. Lucky bum. :rolleyes:

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
What? :dunno Just had to have another project because your Scout is almost done? LOL Speaking of which... How is form 426B coming? ;Really

yeaaaa, well since the scout's been down i've had about 6 other "side projects" LOL. and i wonder why i never have any money! cookoo probably could have finished the scout sooner with all the $$ i spent on other junk! ...i'm like a druggie, if i can't have my main fix i'm tryin other things to get my high! LOL (all the side projects were harvesters! :D)

forms? pffffst! :rotflmao alreadly registered as a diesel! ;p:moon: no fancy forms or any nonsense. plus....most people don't know what came in a scout, as far as they know it could be stock. :rolleyes::sly

-Jon

bowedup2003

Reaction score
Be careful driving around w/o a bed or fenders! A rock slung out from between my duals and shattered my back window on the test drive w/ the new suspension!

Bowedup

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Be careful driving around w/o a bed or fenders! A rock slung out from between my duals and shattered my back window on the test drive w/ the new suspension!

Bowedup

+2 i doin the same thing in high school with my 72 chevy-cuss i thought i was cool runnin around without a bed( doin brun-offs and thowing mud every were) till my 38'' super swamper grabbed a rock and shattered my rear window-cuss

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
on temporarily! made some brackets to keep it "in" the frame and used heavy ratchet straps. may be getting snow soon, need some kind of weight! LOL

-Jon

Attachments

• 1204091605.jpg
    1204091605.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 1204091605a.jpg
    1204091605a.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 1204091605b.jpg
    1204091605b.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1204091605c.jpg
    1204091605c.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 1

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
on temporarily! made some brackets to keep it "in" the frame and used heavy ratchet straps. may be getting snow soon, need some kind of weight! LOL

-Jon

i havent always really been a big fan of flatbeds, but it sure does look good on yours;Sweet