Can someone please explain this oil pressure mystery I had?

cheap bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well let me start, after I finished my IDI install in my bronco, I added a factory turbo system. Then thinking I didn't upgrade my injectors after the turbo install, I purchased a set of rebuilds G code from Accurate Diesel to replace the B code injectors originally on the motor. Well right after I installed the injectors I had 50,000 marbles in a can sound, it seemed like all 8 rods were knocking. Then I noticed my oil pressure gauged dancing like it was on crack. I was driving with the G code injectors for 500 miles, So, today I swapped out the G codes for the original B codes. Well HOLY SHI*, batman, my knocking sound is gone and my oil pressure gauge works, it doesn't dance. I need to let you guys know that my idle was excellent. The only reason I changed them out is that I couldn't stand the knocking noise anymore. What does bad injectors have to do with the oil pressure. Thanks in advance for the response. Merry Christmas to Everyone.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
There is a big difference in pop pressures between the Bb and G codes. The Bb pop at 1850 lbs normally and the g codes pop at 2200 lbs. So without changing your timing you were running retarded compared to the Bb codes. The higher pop pressure requires more pump pressure to pop so thats happening later in the cranking of the piston. Now Rebuilt injecters are not felt like a good deal and many will not bother running them. But cost will factor in what we run. As for the oil pressure issues... Only guessing but was this pressure reading taken off the factory dash gauge.. If so thats not a problem. the dash gauge is not very accurate... Ever.

cheap bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what are the best injectors for the turbo motor?. G code or b codes. Ive been reading on the differences and from what I can see its the tips?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, one particular code , bb, g, or whatever might not be as important as a just making sure what you have are pop matched to each other. This is a tedious process that involves testing and shimming each injector to within a few psi of each other. That way they all inject at the right time. It's also important to time your engine even after changing injectors, because new injectors will each pop pressure at a different point in the rotation of the injector pump.

Some others here will know more than me and will surely chime in shortly.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
BB codes wins hands down. I personally ran G codes for many thousands of miles in a couple of engines. Even my rebuild in my signature. I felt they worked fine... Till I installed a new set of G. then bought a set of Bb codes from Russ..:eek::hail:thumbsup: What a world of difference. Better hp.. Better mileage.. Better all the way around..

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Are you using the factory in dash gage? The fact gage may not be accurate but it shouldnt be erratic.

TRy something for me, next time youre in your truck. Accellerate moderatly from a cruise speed, then left off the fuel, push in the clutch or put it in neutral......tell me what your oil gage does.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a really stupid reply but is it possible that with the G code injectors making the engine knock and rattle so hard, that it was making something in the sending unit bounce around, hence the fluctuating gauge? Stranger things have happened.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's possible.

The stock gauge isn't actually accurate for crap.

It's a switch that's set at 7psi, so when it hits 7 psi, it moves the "gauge."

It doesn't have a real pressure sender.

If all wiring/switch/dummy gauge is good, you may have bigger engine problems. But let's no go there just yet.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BB codes wins hands down. I personally ran G codes for many thousands of miles in a couple of engines. Even my rebuild in my signature.... Till I installed a new set of G. then bought a set of Bb codes from Russ..:eek::hail:thumbsup: What a world of difference. Better hp.. Better mileage.. Better all the way around..

That sounds like some hope and change LOL!, I have a set of Gs now that like you said "I felt they worked fine" I get 26mpg now. better everything? Do I get a free phone and monthly check too with BB codes? I may vote for it! :number2

cheap bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have spent numerous hours on the net trying to find a distributor that has BB code injectors. Who is this person Russ I keep hearing about? Can someone direct me to BB injectors please?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.