Can I swap this...???

N.E fjord-by-fjord 2fiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news for me, and anyone else that's curious:

Spectra F1E (gasser) and Spectra F1G (diesel) tanks are BOTH made with Ni Terne steel. NOT galvanized.

Only difference between the two models seems to be that the gasser model is about an inch narrower. But the straps will be tight, so she won't go anywhere. Glad I researched this before I went and spent $100 on a new rear tank... This F1E has PLENTY of life left in her...

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LCAM: Yes, and then bypass the mechanical pump on the engine and run a hose from the line on the frame up straight to the filter head.

So this whole theory kind of rests on the question: do the two sender pumps have the same/similar psi capacity as the engine mounted pump on the IDI's?

I imagine even if they were a little shy psi-wise, you could leave the mechanical pump in and run the gasser setup to it...

Do you happen to know the psi the gasser tank pumps generate?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear tank and converted gas sender are rust coated and in... Switched over to the rear tank after a trip to town for 5 gallons in the rear... SEAMLESS!

You must be registered for see images attach

Works great getting the fuel to the the mechanical pump, but the tank reads 200% full no matter what. I'm assuming the rheostat has a different impedance than the diesel unit... Could a resistor be added in series to correct this?

Also, I can see my fuel supply line running from the rear tank bounce. Stops when I switch to front, starts again switched back... Does this mean the mech. pump is struggling at a certain point in the revolution? Is this an indicator of a bad mechanical pump? I would think that the pump would work consistently across the whole revolution if it were up to *****...

Unfortunately, even with fuel in both tanks, and all the lines checked and OKed, i'm still getting smoke on startups. Still no air in my clear lines pre IP...

The more I do, the more I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a new IP/injector setup....

Going to replace the mechanical pump on the engine too, just for good measure. After that, it's saving $$$ for a IP/injector setup from Conestoga. Probably their most modest offering, since I'm not hauling as much weight as most of the people on here. Lumber loads, and my craft show setup are all I usually haul. It's no 15,000 lb trailer, that's for sure... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online