Calling all WVO users, your feedback is appreciated.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
The mess of wires can be easily dealt with by shealthing then. Maybe use a ethernet connecter between the guts and the display?

I think wiring is less of an issue than the size of the box. It would be more difficult to locate on top of the dash, particularly with those of use that have other aftermarket gauges mounted on the dash. I really hope you get into producing these by the time I can get around to WVO works. Pretty freggin cool!

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mess of wires can be easily dealt with by shealthing then. Maybe use a ethernet connecter between the guts and the display?

I think wiring is less of an issue than the size of the box. It would be more difficult to locate on top of the dash, particularly with those of use that have other aftermarket gauges mounted on the dash. I really hope you get into producing these by the time I can get around to WVO works. Pretty freggin cool!
Yep, I think what I'm leaning towards so far is a multi wire connector, so the only thing in the display box is the screen itself and the buzzer, that way everything else can be relocated and the display box size would be cut in half.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do intend to move the "guts" of the system, like the mosfets, voltage dividers, thermocouple amplifiers, etc. To a separate enclosure that can be mounted under the dash. The difficult part about that is it requires either several wires to run between the screen and the control box, or serial communication and two arduinos, which would only require 4 wires between the two, so standard USB would work, but the code would become much more complex.

I'm still weighing my options there on how to best separate the guts from the screen.

Just out of curiosity, what about it makes you think they should be separated? Is it just aesthetics of the big box? Or the multiple wires that are running between the two? Personally, I dislike both the bulk and the mess of wires, but I'm curious to hear what others think.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

Just for better mount options. If it were in my truck, I would want to flush mount the screen into a holder on the dash (similar to programmers on newer trucks) and run the wiring down to the control box below the dash.. that's just me though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online