Cab Mounts info / question

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Since I was at Ford today for a recall on the van. I thought I would ask about cab mounts. I've seen some threads as of late about them and I plan on changing my out as well. My truck is an 89 CC and that is what I referenced.
Here is what Ford had to offer:
Fronts (Core support) $89 ea and available
Middle (front of cab) $49 ea and available
Rear (back of cab) $56 ea and not available

Now for my question. I am thinking about doing a body lift with hockey pucks at the same time I switch out body mounts.
Are the stock bolts long enough or do I need to go buy new longer ones.

Thanks

Tug

Reaction score
Purhcase a body lift do not use pucks, they can **** latterallty too easy. A properly made body lift kit is not that expensive at all and has all the included hardware you need longer bolts and all.

I think summit or LMC truck parts has poly body mounts if your interested. Those would ride harder than rubber but at least they are available.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've had pucks on there for a couple of years now without any sign of trouble...but even if one did start to give out, I'd be out a whole buck to replace it , but I've never heard of one actually going bad, just lots of folks worrying about it. Those pucks are harder rubber than the factory cab mounts. I've got mine sitting on top of a set of urethene cab mounts. The whole set only cost about $70 if memory serves me. I had to make new bolts for the rear position out of threaded rod, and for the core support position, for the front cab I just used the old rear cab bolts.

Remember to cut your fan shroud on the bottom for clearance.

The premade lift kits are only available in 2" and above and say right on them, not for use with diesel engine. there are firewall clearance issues.