C6

DBogo

Reaction score
how does the C6 hold up with a load behind it what can be dont to make it stronger and how strong is it right now thanks guys

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
from what i have heard the c6 is a very stout unit...sucks on mileage because of the 3 speed but that is not an issue for you if you are going to pull ;Sweet throw some 5.13's in the axle and rock n roll :rock:

DBogo

Reaction score
ok good thanks if stuff breaks there cheap to replace and the truck has a brand new transfer case

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a C6. It can pull just about anything. I pull 25,000 with it without any problem. I rebuilt it at 88,000. The only thing their known for is o-rings hardening.

I once pulled a trailer with 14 milking holsteins through the mountains. The front pumpo seal went out and I just kept dumping fluid in until I could get the cows off. The next day I went to take the truck to the dealer and the batteryt was dead cold. I had borrowed the trailer and didn't realize it had center post brake where I have a hot wire. :rolleyes: That means I was pulling it with the brakes on. The truck pulled it over South Mountain at 45 MPH.

It was still under Ford warranty so I took it back and they repaired it. The mechanic said "at least your truck will never rust under there" :rotflmao

DBogo

Reaction score
well its goin to be hooked up to the sled so we will see how it does there

7point3

Reaction score
question about the C6. when pulling a sled do you think it should run in first or second gear? i know alot of trucks pull in 2nd but since this is a 3 speed to you think it will be too tall with 4.10's in the rear?

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
the C6 is bullet proof,i've heard alot of guys just put the thing in drive and let it shift when thy are pullin :peelout

DBogo

Reaction score
for some reason i think its againt the rules to shift while pullin and do you think we could pull with this thing and not have any tranny issues

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think its againt the rules to shift while pullin

Not in any pull I've ever seen. What you heard or read was probably directed at manual transmissions, since that would definitely cause a problem.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
question about the C6. when pulling a sled do you think it should run in first or second gear? i know alot of trucks pull in 2nd but since this is a 3 speed to you think it will be too tall with 4.10's in the rear?

I pulled for the first time a few weeks ago, The advice that Ken gave me is to leave it in Drive, and let her shift. It came out of the hole nicley, I should have hit the go pedal harder and sooner. It reved through 1st, shifted into second, hit about 3200, and almost into 3rd. before the truck started slowing down. I am glad it didn't because it would have bogged down.

So let it shift! ;Sweet