Buying a 94 whats it take to get it to the same as a 97

Mattattak

Reaction score
i found an awsome standard cab long bed 94 cummins with a 5 speed and new clutch limited slip diff and slt and 115 miles but i am not sure if i should get it because my plans are to turn it up to about 4 to 600 hp and 800 ft lbs. what do i need to do to get there and also is this a p7100 pump. what is the differences between the 94 and the 96-98?? thanks
matt

gumper

Reaction score
They're all the same except for the fuel plate, delivery valves, injectors, and a few minor things. Get a higher hp plate (commonly called torque plate, or make your own), 215 injectors, 191 delivery valves, get the timing advanced, bigger exhaust and call it good. You can get 800 ft lbs pretty easy. My truck makes more than that, and it was simple. Don't forget GAUGES right after exhaust, if not the very first thing. I think the 94 is better than a 96-98 because it has a better stock intake manifold. Could be wrong though.

24VChevy

Reaction score
Hey Bob, hows the truck, just surfing around and thought I would visit Oil Burners, it has been a while.

There are a few more differences from a 94-97 pump, the cam is different, plugers and barrels and rack travel. Like Bob said you can get to where he is at with his mods. (hey Bob need more fuel yet?)

Malcolm

Mattattak

Reaction score
is cam and valve train as important as it is in gas. sorry but i am comming from a long term relationship with ls1s camaros and trans ams so im new to the diesel world.

24VChevy

Reaction score
I was refering to the Cam inside the injection pump not the main camshaft. Once you start to want to get into the big HP range then you start to look at the main camshaft.

Malcolm

rubberfish

Reaction score
Hey Bob, hows the truck, just surfing around and thought I would visit Oil Burners, it has been a while.

There are a few more differences from a 94-97 pump, the cam is different, plugers and barrels and rack travel. Like Bob said you can get to where he is at with his mods. (hey Bob need more fuel yet?)

Malcolm
I'm good man. :)
More fuel? :rotflmao I can't burn what I have. :rotflmao
Spend most of my time in valet,
with a shot of **** from time to time.
Good to see you here buddy.
Don't be so shy, pop in here once in a while. :cheers:

Mattattak

Reaction score
what does the valet switch do and how much are they will they turn the fuel back down and keep it from smoking and wasting fuel when i dont want to??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online