BUYING A 7.3 IDI

CheckYourBuffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cab lights are a wobbler issue in kali.
i have a '15 f350 4x4 without them and that's ok. one less area for rainwater to leak in.
rule out here is if you are less than 81" wide, you don't need the full DOT light package. I did steal a page off the raptor and put the DOT lights in the grille since the F350 is hooked to a 104" wide trailer.
hey do you think you can pm me your number or something so i can text you when i get the truck??

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was unaware they were an option for SRW trucks. Just never came across one which didn't have them. Learned something new.
Just look at any sample of, say, 50 pics of bull/brick/OBS SRW trucks. Betch aprx. half have cab lights.

im in bed rest cause of surgery, if he wants to drive it the 50 miles and pay for the gas, then he can be my guest lol. i just had surgery this morning
If he's paying for gas, do NOT buy the truck!!!! ;)

Yeah, it's chance-y not starting it cold yourself, and not driving it a while before buying. But it's $1200. You know it's a project truck anyway. Heal up soon and have fun with it once you're back on your feet. And you better get used to not using that dirty three-letter word.....

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope youre happy with the truck, look forward to seeing your build and helping you along the way. Heal up quick, its about time to get greasy

CheckYourBuffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just look at any sample of, say, 50 pics of bull/brick/OBS SRW trucks. Betch aprx. half have cab lights.

If he's paying for gas, do NOT buy the truck!!!! ;)

Yeah, it's chance-y not starting it cold yourself, and not driving it a while before buying. But it's $1200. You know it's a project truck anyway. Heal up soon and have fun with it once you're back on your feet. And you better get used to not using that dirty three-letter word.....
haha my bad, i'm a lil high

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey do you think you can pm me your number or something so i can text you when i get the truck??
I'm old and obsolete, not to mention a cheap *******. I don't own a smart phone nor am I smart enough to know how to use one. :O
i can pm you my phone number, but pm me yours too. I did learn how to program the spam call reject file :D

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say "buy it" but there is no better learning experience than spending every cent you can get to keep a vehicle running and safe. It is a brutal lesson but one you will keep for the rest of your life. I know this because I have been there, more than once.

My kids are older than you but I would tell them to keep looking. I would also make them go look at TowCat's truck. Based on the awesome advice he gives here I would be confident driving it back to Texas or farther because I have no doubt it is in excellent condition and safe.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its going to be my first vehicle. im 16 in hs.

Your just the guy he found to sell his junk to. Probably just another $3K to $4K would fix it up just fine.

Yeah, I'm sarcastic about it.

After reading all 8 pages of posts, no bodies going to change his mined about it. All I can say is GOOD LUCK with it.
I could tell you how a 1990 F350 bought for $4500 turned into an $11,500 truck, but too long of a story.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
After reading all 8 pages of posts, no bodies going to change his mined about it. All I can say is GOOD LUCK with it.
I could tell you how a 1990 F350 bought for $4500 turned into an $11,500 truck, but too long of a story.

I bought the Flood Victim for $300......
It took me a couple of hours to get it running, I was into it for about $600 total by the time it was registered.........
I stopped keeping receipts at $8K LOL

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 1990 F250 XLT Lariat 4wd with a NEW E4OD for $750. needed glow plugs($103), return line kit(under 70), both batteries(I paid $150 for both), needs tires and tanks cleaned out. and its MUCH nicer than that one. There are quite a few on CL right now in the inland empire. DO NOT BUY THIS POS!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just remember the number for 9 11 is 911 ifn u crasj because ***** steering

And OB will be here to guide u regardless...if an idi is in it we wanna see it...and the driver live

I wont pm u my number cause 911 is closer.....those who knkw me.....knkw what I mean buwahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx