BUYING A 7.3 IDI

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You seem like I good guy and I'm sure you'll learn a lot from working on this truck even if you dont end up keeping it in the long run. Learning the lessons of buying and fixing an old truck is priceless imo and as long as you take your time to get it road ready and safe you cant go wrong with it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You all are gonna hate the truck more, but he used starter spray like once a day or so. Im against it aswell but aslong as it did no damage it should be fine, and i wont be doing that, im doing the glow plug wiring at home and until thats done, i can plug it in
don't feel offended there. I ether my trucks. beats breaking off a glowplug in head.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best way or safest way to ether? My 7.3 has the worn ip and rarely I run into the nonstart hot issue. I'll either dump water and it'll fire or use abbot of ether but just want to make sure I do it as safe as possible. I have the banks ram air kit and I just spray a quick shot into the snorkel by the grill and it fires right up

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the best way or safest way to ether? My 7.3 has the worn ip and rarely I run into the nonstart hot issue. I'll either dump water and it'll fire or use abbot of ether but just want to make sure I do it as safe as possible. I have the banks ram air kit and I just spray a quick shot into the snorkel by the grill and it fires right up
as long as you're not locking up your motor from overuse of ether, it's good. if you are inducing lockup, back off the amount used. oh yea, it's temp dependent too.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best possible way would be to disconnect your glow plugs to prevent your prechambers from getting blown away but I've only very rarely seen this happen

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he might deliver the truck. i offered him 1200

That guy came down a lot. Sounds like what happened with mine. The guy was asking 7k got him down to 4500. then spent another 4K just getting everything fixed so it runs good.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they be required on an SRW? They were an option, after all, except for the duallies (which makes no sense, since they don't indicate the overall width of a dually truck).

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they be required on an SRW? They were an option, after all, except for the duallies (which makes no sense, since they don't indicate the overall width of a dually truck).
I was unaware they were an option for SRW trucks. Just never came across one which didn't have them. Learned something new.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paging @towcat @IdIot
I would find out for certain and if they're not required, have the text of the law proving it for the inevitable roadside inquiry.
cab lights are a wobbler issue in kali.
i have a '15 f350 4x4 without them and that's ok. one less area for rainwater to leak in.
rule out here is if you are less than 81" wide, you don't need the full DOT light package. I did steal a page off the raptor and put the DOT lights in the grille since the F350 is hooked to a 104" wide trailer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online