Buying 85 IDI ATS turbo motorhome!

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Ok, then you tension it up first, it can / has been done.
Carry on.

Well it doesn't look bad, vs how it was. Short of paying a shop big bucks, I doubt it could be any better. The gap doesn't look bad since I pulled out the fiberglass and put 2x4 behind the crack lines and put a line of wood screws to bandage it up. I needs more done but it's pretty secure. I need to find what I did with the one bug chunk on the right side so I can stick it back on.

You must be registered for see images attach

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thing took a good bit of force to move, so I'm not sure that would have worked
You can easily move your entire rig that way. You'd be surprised how much force it has.

I have moved vehicles around in the yard that way. (Sometimes a rig will be in an awkward place where you can't use another truck to pull it, and you can't find your come-along. LOL) Rig up the chain, stand on it, have someone chock the wheels. Remove slack in chain, stand on it again, chock the wheels again. Etc...

You do need to be able to use a longer chain. Standing on a short thing isn't going to do much. The longer the chain that you use, the more of a come along effect you will achieve.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
You can easily move your entire rig that way. You'd be surprised how much force it has.

I have moved vehicles around in the yard that way. (Sometimes a rig will be in an awkward place where you can't use another truck to pull it, and you can't find your come-along. LOL) Rig up the chain, stand on it, have someone chock the wheels. Remove slack in chain, stand on it again, chock the wheels again. Etc...

You do need to be able to use a longer chain. Standing on a short thing isn't going to do much. The longer the chain that you use, the more of a come along effect you will achieve.

Yeah I had a short chain. Good to know in the future though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online