buyin a lift

smokincummins22

Reaction score
gonna buy atleast a 5'' lift but wanting to go 6 or 7 with it what would be my best choice

trucks gonna be a 1994 2500 4x4 ctd auto.
truck right now is about 850hp to the wheels and 1300ftlbs at the last dyno day

havent lifted a cummins yet and i own 4 so i figured why not

thanks in advance guys

ryan

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gonna buy atleast a 5'' lift but wanting to go 6 or 7 with it what would be my best choice

trucks gonna be a 1994 2500 4x4 ctd auto.
truck right now is about 850hp to the wheels and 1300ftlbs at the last dyno day

havent lifted a cummins yet and i own 4 so i figured why not

thanks in advance guys

ryan

I havn't lifted a Cummins yet either but they say they are over 1000 lbs so wear a good back brace. BTW...Won't it stick out of the hood of your Dodge when you lift it 5"-7" :confused: :dunno

Oh and why do the Dodge boys have such a problem calling their their trucks by their rightful name Dodge and not Cummins.... Is it that embarrassing.;Poke :D :popcorn

1. What are your plans for tire size
  2. truck use... work truck, puller, drag, rock crawler, mud bogs, trailer queen???
  3. how deep is your wallet... We can definatly help you spend money like it grows on trees.
  4. how much ride quality, versatility as a truck to haul stuff and handeling do you want to not give up.
  5. How much driveline maintenance on U-joints do you want to do.
If nobody knows what you want to accomplish how can they effectivly give you advice.;Really

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Tonka.... :rotflmao :rotflmao :popcorn

The only lift I have experience with hauling or actually using for heavy duty work is the ProComp lift....

Most guys didn't like my lift because they said it made my truck ride like a tank... I always commented back that it's a 1 ton truck... if I wanted it to ride like a car I would have bought a Chevy...

I really liked my ProComp lift... it never sagged... and stood up to everything I put it through...

smokincummins22

Reaction score
nah lol dodge is jus a shippin crate for a cummins, and im a smart ass too so its ok :) but yea the truck is gonna be just for toyin around , tire wise i was shootin to have around 38's and it will prob never haul again cept for bud light lol

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dodge is jus a shippin crate for a cummins

:rotflmao That's funny right there. ;Sweet

As a general rule of thumb when I was into lifted trucks years ago we used 1" of lift for each 1" increase in tire height over the factory size. Stock tires are about 31" so you need about 7" total lift to run 38" tires, personally I don't like body lifts, hate the way they look, but you could do a 5" suspension lift with a 2" body lift and be OK. Make sure you use a drop pitman arm and steering arm too to get your steering geometry corrected.

Tooling around town I'd go with a Skyjacker with the softride springs.

38" tires on a Dodge Ram calls for a 7" lift from them without cutting the fenders.

HERE's the link to their tire sizing chart in pdf format for all vehicles.

Hope this helps more than the engine hoist ideas. LOL

smokincummins22

Reaction score
thanks guys i got one on the way ill have some pics up this week i went with a 6.5''susp and 2'' body kit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance