Bushing replacement difficulty?

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i want to replace the bushings in the radious arms and the i beam pivot point on my front axle.
Am i biting off more than i can chew? They are the only ones i havnt replaced yet besides the body mount bushings.
I have replaced or bought and waiting to be installed front and rear sway bar bushings leaf spring bushings and replaced all front steering components up to the ps pump.
Am i missing anything else bushing wise?

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torsion bar bushing??? Ain't no Dodge!! Remove radius arm mounts under cab, get the poly bushings and Grade 8 or better hardware for remounting radius arm mounts. Use the poly grease when replacing bushings. EASI-PESI

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torsion bar bushing??? Ain't no Dodge!! Remove radius arm mounts under cab, get the poly bushings and Grade 8 or better hardware for remounting radius arm mounts. Use the poly grease when replacing bushings. EASI-PESI

Dont i have to grind away the steel round rivet/bolt heads to remove that mount?

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure you do if you are going to remove them.....
Either that or pull everything else forward out.
As stated, use grade 8 or better hardware when remounting.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either that or pull everything else forward out.

This is how I did mine, but mine is 2wd. Still, I wouldn't want to mess with the rivets. It was a pain but really wasn't that bad of a job. Hardest part for me was lining everything back up but ratchet straps, a pry bar, and a pointed rod to align the bolt holes make it go smoothly, even on a gravel driveway.

Take your time and you'll be fine.

6T9burner

Reaction score
I did it... and I'm an idiot. Personally, having just gone through that mess a few months ago, if you are going to go through the trouble of taking things apart to replace those bushings, I would recommend redoing the front end while you are at it. I spent about 800 or so for all the Moog replacement parts that I needed. The truck drives like a dream, minus the steering box (there will be a Red Head in my future). Safe yourself some time later and do it all now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online