burning fuses

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have a 2000 chevy van express2500 that is burning the turning light and other fuses, is this just a short somewhere or a result of something else? Where do I start?

Thank You.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
might want to start simple with just checking the bulbs and sockets to make sure they arent shorting out somehow.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I did thank You. I'm a bit lost with this, anything else or is it a matter a of chasing the wires to the power source :eek: .

Thank You.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I replaced the fuse but I know that is not going to fix anything, anybody have some tips for this?

Thank You.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Moderator, maybe if we move this to the 911 for some time it will get more attention? if not possible that's ok. Thank You.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EZ, do you have a decent voltmeter in this thing? IF not, hook one up to the fuse that keeps blowing. I'm wiling to bet that just before it blows, the meter takes a dive. I suspect an intermittent short to ground, that is going to be hard as hell to find.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
EZ, do you have a decent voltmeter in this thing? IF not, hook one up to the fuse that keeps blowing. I'm wiling to bet that just before it blows, the meter takes a dive. I suspect an intermittent short to ground, that is going to be hard as hell to find.

You are right Mel, it will burn the fuse any time but not as soon as I put a new one, it will take some time before it happens so it is as You said intermittent short. I checked the wires at the back and at the bulb they are ok but in some areas they look like they were hit, yet there is no damage to the wire that I can see.
Anyone know where I can get some electric dye, that way it will be easier to find the the spot where it short?;Really :rolleyes:

Thank You.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726