Bullnose/Slantnose Diesel Picture Thread

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
screw that, I don't like those big mirrors! I only tow my boats with it. this truck is designed for long rides with 2 adults, 4 kids, 2 dogs and luggage
ill keep my small mirrors, I can still see fine :D

its for a winch, but occasionally I put my 15 yearold up there to feel what being on point feels like, he wants to join the military.
the person on point always catches the first land mine or 7.62 round lol

I havnt really taken many good pics of it, because im embarrassed of the 50 million colors it has! lol
that will change when the rain is over.

complete build thread
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...ew-Cab-w-6-doors&highlight=87+F350+w/+6+doors

No need to be embarassed here. Let the uninformed and opinionated judge. Us? We support.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
this was mine right before the 2012 IDI rally show n shine... its since been sold for a truck with more interior room...if you look close it has an 87-97 bed on it

Paint job on that truck is gorgeous! That middle band is one of a kind!

yea too bad the kid i sold it to promptly blew the trans....blew the motor....managed to smash the bedside in less then a year being stupid...pulled the cap and put chrome stacks on it...

he still has it and has since did a 4spd swap on it and not sure if its on its 3rd or 4th motor by now...:(:(:(:(

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea too bad the kid i sold it to promptly blew the trans....blew the motor....managed to smash the bedside in less then a year being stupid...pulled the cap and put chrome stacks on it...

he still has it and has since did a 4spd swap on it and not sure if its on its 3rd or 4th motor by now...:(:(:(:(

Oh no,no,no... thats frustrating man. I'm guessing thats how my two trucks were treated before I gotem. Cant really judge them too harshly. I would have treated them the same way when I was young. Still a shame. I really liked your truck. Guess you'll have to clean up and paint another one!

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Oh no,no,no... thats frustrating man. I'm guessing thats how my two trucks were treated before I gotem. Cant really judge them too harshly. I would have treated them the same way when I was young. Still a shame. I really liked your truck. Guess you'll have to clean up and paint another one!

oh yea... my dually will be just as loud in the paint department and cooler truck in general... thats if i can ever get to it. rebuilding my samurai is taking 5 times as long as it should have

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
I prefer 7th, 8th, and 9th gen. Because the 92-97 is the new body style as far as the IDI goes, and the '87-91 slant more than the '80 to '86s, so it's no wonder people get confused.

My 7th gens:

My '85:

You must be registered for see images attach

My '86:

My '85 hauling the '86 home:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer 7th, 8th, and 9th gen. Because the 92-97 is the new body style as far as the IDI goes, and the '87-91 slant more than the '80 to '86s, so it's no wonder people get confused.
With all due respect, I'm really not a fan of that nomenclature. It makes sense if you're in a group that's dealing with every generation of Ford truck on a regular basis, but given that this forum is diesel-specific and generally only sees '83 and newer trucks (unless they're conversions ;Sweet ), I find it to not be intuitive and therefore very confusing. I don't pay much attention to the g@$ trucks and therefore don't know the pre-1980 trucks very well, so to use an example, every time someone mentions "9th gen", I have to open up a Wikipedia page and hand-count every variant fo Ford truck to realize that they're talking about the '92-'97 OBS truck. OTOH, I know that some people on here are Ford guys who happen to get into diesels...I come from a different background; I'm a diesel-head who happened to get into Fords LOL (I started driving in 1998, and have been spark-free since 1999 ;Sweet )

Couple that with the fact that that nomenclature is not commonly used on Oilburners, and it adds to the confusion. Also, one could argue that the '80-'97 truck is the same generation, since the frames and drivetrains are simlar and interchangeable. The sheet metal and interiors are different, but you can even interchange those if you want (note all the brick nose-OBS beds you're seeing on slant-nose trucks on this thread, not to mention front clip swaps and even cab swaps); it's not as big of a jump as the jump between the '66-'79 trucks and our trucks, or between our trucks and the SuperDuties. OTOH, it took me time ot even get accustomed to "slant-nose/brick-nose/OBS"...I used to just write "80-86, 87-91, and 92-97" LOL

Okay off my soapbox :rotflmao (yes, this has been bugging me for a while)

May as well contribute, although my truck isn't anything to write home about...

My truck in December 2001, about six months after I inherited her from my uncle. She was bone-stock at the time with a 6.9L and T-19. I learned how to drive a clutch driving this truck when I was 14 ;Sweet She's been a great truck, but not a day goes by that I don't wish I had my uncle back instead...

Playing in the Mojave Desert, January 2005. This was during a brief time when I had 33" tires on the truck. The truck had a nice stance with the 33's, but the steering left much to be desired, and I found out the hard way how weak the tire sidewalls were when trying to tow a trailer with a heavy tongue. After almost getting killed, those tires came off...I only ran them for 5 months :shocked: This was after I added the ATS 088 turbo, but before the ZF5 conversion.

The last "nice" picture I have of the truck...December 2006, right before I moved to the coast. This is post-ZF5 conversion, and note the reversion to stock tires. I had just finished playing in a mud pit in Hollister :angel: This picture actually made it into an online article about the history of Ford diesels ;Sweet

More recent picture of my truck, from May 2014. The trailer strapped to the truck weighs about 8,000 lbs loaded, and the truck handled it flawlessly ;Sweet Unfortunately, you can kind of see in the picture what the salt air's done to the truck after living on the coast with poor paint for 7 years. She looks like a rust belt truck now...the body's all but destroyed :cry:

Another "hauling" shot, from July 2014. This boat also weighs about 8,000 lbs; the only problem is, the trailer has surge brakes that I don't think work :shocked:

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What years did they offer that bumper? Love'em. Sorry to hear your truck is going back to the earth. All that work you have done to it/for it.... Are you going to let it go? It can live forever with the proper combination of time, money, and elbow grease!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What years did they offer that bumper? Love'em. Sorry to hear your truck is going back to the earth. All that work you have done to it/for it.... Are you going to let it go? It can live forever with the proper combination of time, money, and elbow grease!
I think the push bumper was an option on slant-nose and brick-nose trucks. I've never seen a factory push-bumper on an OBS truck, and it seems like it was a rare option on the earlier trucks. The "main" bumper's the same as the non-pushbar bumper; the vertical pieces are separate and could be removed and installed on another slant-nose front bumper if I wanted to (I think the contours are different enough between slant-nose and brick-nose trucks that these vertical pieces wouldn't bolt onto a brick-nose bumper and look "right").

As to the other question...I have plans which will be revealed at a later date :sly

Last edited:

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
got my windows tinted and lights in my bumper and back bumper still only one step mounte on lol.finally found brand new rear sending units so made a front one using parts of a new rear one and now I know how much fuel I got. It's pretty nice knowing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Here's a couple more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 14