Bullnose/Slantnose Diesel Picture Thread

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the push bumper was an option on slant-nose and brick-nose trucks. I've never seen a factory push-bumper on an OBS truck, and it seems like it was a rare option on the earlier trucks. The "main" bumper's the same as the non-pushbar bumper; the vertical pieces are separate and could be removed and installed on another slant-nose front bumper if I wanted to (I think the contours are different enough between slant-nose and brick-nose trucks that these vertical pieces wouldn't bolt onto a brick-nose bumper and look "right").

As to the other question...I have plans which will be revealed at a later date :sly

Oh, cool. Didn't know they were separate / bolt on. Hmmm. Thanks for that.

Glad you have a plan, Warden. It's important to have a plan.....

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Oh, cool. Didn't know they were separate / bolt on. Hmmm. Thanks for that.

Glad you have a plan, Warden. It's important to have a plan.....

Those push bumpers are cosmetic only, they are hollow and if you use them you squish them flat. I suppose if you wanted to you could fab up a steel spacer to fit in the hollow space to transfer the force to the frame and make them last longer.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
The P.O. roller painted my truck's patina...:cry:

LOL Could be worse, could have been brushed over!

Reminds me of a '68-69 chevy pickup I used to know, neighbor of a co-worker, his left front fender was smashed in and he built it back up with duct tape then rattle-canned primer over his bodywork! LOL LOL LOL Unfortunately long before cell phone cameras.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Time for a new bed and a paint job for my old truck.hit a tree last night pullin my buddy outta the mud.he was buried almost to the axles and the chain ****** me sideways and smacked a tree that was lolike 6 foot from me.bonehead move on my part but atleast I have a whole nother rust free bed but it's green an white
You must be registered for see images
. Before
You must be registered for see images
after.atleast it didn't break my taillight and my tip was already broke off and movin freely.i gotta fix that next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Thanks, but she's plenty rougher looking today, the last almost 8 years of California sun has not been kind to that paint.

Throwing a coat of something on her is on my 'to do' list for sure.

I hear that mine had been sitting under a Pecan Tree for about a Year Guess the acid from the Sap just kinda Ate all through the remaining paint.
I had a Tree growing in the Windshield Cowl. :eek: :rotflmao :rotflmao

Paint is in the future for me too think I'll go with original blue with a Beige stripe

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but she's plenty rougher looking today, the last almost 8 years of California sun has not been kind to that paint.

Throwing a coat of something on her is on my 'to do' list for sure.

I hear that mine had been sitting under a Pecan Tree for about a Year Guess the acid from the Sap just kinda Ate all through the remaining paint.
I had a Tree growing in the Windshield Cowl. :eek: :rotflmao :rotflmao

Paint is in the future for me too think I'll go with original blue with a Beige stripe

What are you guys doin for paint? Dun o if my air compressor is right/big enough for a hfreight air brush? Really dont want to go down the paint project road. I have considered trying to remove the black rattle can and roller paint on my two to see what the factory paint looks like. The CC is red under the black and yellow under the red. The yellow is in the engine compartment and the cab as well. I have an idea someone started a frame up resto on that thing before the P.O. trashed it.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
What are you guys doin for paint? Dun o if my air compressor is right/big enough for a hfreight air brush? Really dont want to go down the paint project road. I have considered trying to remove the black rattle can and roller paint on my two to see what the factory paint looks like. The CC is red under the black and yellow under the red. The yellow is in the engine compartment and the cab as well. I have an idea someone started a frame up resto on that thing before the P.O. trashed it.

It's been over 20 years since I painted a car, I'm not a professional, but they looked okay when done. It doesn't take much for equipment to spray and a small compressor works fine. I had a small single cylinder Montgomery Wards compressor and a basic sprayer like this.
There are a few paint options depending how much you want to spend and how much prep and finish time you have. Of course today's paints aren't what they used to be. I had a few online sources saved, but can't find them now, but there are a lot of online options.
Add masking tape, sandpaper & sander, and newspaper roll ends to the list and time, lots of time, and you can do it.

Edit: I found where I had those sources linked. I haven't used either of these guys yet, just found them when I was researching automotive paint:

http://www.paintforcars.com/

http://www.thecoatingstore.com/

Last edited:

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been over 20 years since I painted a car, I'm not a professional, but they looked okay when done. It doesn't take much for equipment to spray and a small compressor works fine. I had a small single cylinder Montgomery Wards compressor and a basic sprayer like this.
There are a few paint options depending how much you want to spend and how much prep and finish time you have. Of course today's paints aren't what they used to be. I had a few online sources saved, but can't find them now, but there are a lot of online options.
Add masking tape, sandpaper & sander, and newspaper roll ends to the list and time, lots of time, and you can do it.

Edit: I found where I had those sources linked. I haven't used either of these guys yet, just found them when I was researching automotive paint:

Okay, cool. Thanks for the links and info. I have a good idea of how to go about it, just not the interest. I don't mind putting a couple coats of primer and finish on engine parts, undercarriage, etc. but I have zero interest in attempting to make it fit for the light of day. Well y'all know how much money I got by now so we all know who is gonna end up having to do it if it's gonna get done. Huhhhhh.... add it to the list!:D

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score

Thanks for the Links. Think I'll get a paint Sprayer and practice on my Hood. :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those push bumpers are cosmetic only, they are hollow and if you use them you squish them flat. I suppose if you wanted to you could fab up a steel spacer to fit in the hollow space to transfer the force to the frame and make them last longer.
I've never really tried to push anything with the bumper, but that's good to know...I never took a real close look at the vertical pieces and didn't realize they were that weak. Thank you!

The CC is red under the black and yellow under the red.
Just an FYI, but that bottom red might be primer. According to the paint codes on my doorjamb sticker, my truck still has the same paint colors as when it left the factory, but some spots where paint's either chipped off or worn off, there's red paint underneath...

I much prefer to do my own work, but I would farm out the painting unless you have a paint booth. OTOH I hate painting and I'm not much of an artist LOL

paulzx

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I didn't see the classis 2 tone grey yet, here my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online