bucket seats?

ramon f350

Reaction score
I have a full bench in my truck and would like to find a set of seats that have the console in the middl ebut that flips up so that it is the third seat in the middle I belive ford calls it a 60-40 bench may be wrong though. I have been hitting places around town like western hauler and 2l custom trucks to see if they had any take outs but they said most people are ordering the trucks without seats and having them shipped directly there so they have no take outs. other than the salvage yard does anybody have any ideas where I could find some seats?

Thanks
Ramon

pafixitman

Reaction score
I got a set of leather buckets from a 2002 Escape off ebay. Do a search under ebay stores for LKQ. They are the largest auto dismantler in the US.

I had a bracket custom made that hit the factory bolt holes and then bolted to the seats. Getting rid of that bench was one of the best changes!

BTW- You want either a 40/20/40 (two buckets w/ the center console) or the 60/40. 60/40 will have the center being a part of the driver seat.

ramon f350

Reaction score
thanks pafixit that sounds like the thing to do I have to be honest the fact that I have no drink holders is a serious aggrevation lol. I def want the 40/20/40 seats but I do need that flip up console just in case some needs to ride in the chick spot. one day the old lady may want to scoot over next to me like in the old days lol.

Thanks again
Ramon

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Mustang GT/ T-bird turbo coupe seats. I had the seats recovered using the back of the bench seat as the inserts so they match the rear seats and the doors.

The console is out of a superduty. I purchased it from Western Hauler (local for us). They also sell new seats that they have pulled during conversion, but they run $600 a pair.

Attachments

• front seats.JPG
    front seats.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
****'s Auto Parts I got the seats for The Enterprise from ****'s Auto Parts up in Middlebury Indiana - got the leather tri way ones - center console flipped up to make a seat then had add'tl storage under the bottom center cushion, also had a small wooden storage on the lid with two drink holders. The center section was on rails that were separate from the drivers and passengers slides - that way every thing had it's own slide took about an hour or so to install - would have only taken about 20 mins (all bolt holes matched right up) but once I got the OEM bench out I found french fries from 1991 or so under there (that's why it took so long) the seats actually held up really well (me I'm over 350lbs) even with my weight so that's a testament to their quality. The leather cleaned up quite well even when I got grease on it (which leather is the best material for seats in my opinion). They were a ton more comfrontable than the stock bench (the "h" of the seat was designed correctly). ****'s has many more colors than listed on his site just give them a call - the shipping wasn't actually going to be bad at all but I choose to just drive up and pick them up since I'm only a little over an hour from him.

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pick-n-pull on loop 12, south of I-30 (Dallas) is having a sale for another week. If I remember correctly, any seat for $5.

ramon f350

Reaction score
ha JPR I just realised you were in cowtown also I bet hauler charged you an arm and a leg for that console. i never though about using anything but truck seats.

Travis I will definely look at the place you got your seats and check them out

Ramon

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dealt with Scott, $75.

Since then I picked up a console that flips up and becomes a small third seat, but have not had time to mess with it.

Last edited:

ramon f350

Reaction score
cool i will probably make a run to dallas saturday and see what is up with the seats that would be a sweet deal to get into

Ramon

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
ramon f350 said:
ha JPR I just realised you were in cowtown also I bet hauler charged you an arm and a leg for that console. i never though about using anything but truck seats.

Travis I will definely look at the place you got your seats and check them out

Ramon

If you go to Western hauler your most likely going to want to talk to "*****" or Wayne. We have had several "Western Haulers" over the years and to tell you the truth there conversion interiors SUCK. The stock leather in the new superdutys holds up WAY better then the CRAP they use.

Usually we just have them do mudflaps, backup lights, trailer light kill switch, and things of that nature. not much on body kits or painting all the chrome or hauler beds. They do decent work That they are VERY proud of. Mostly there living on there reputation. Before you could get all the luxury items from the factory.

They really dot do anything at all for the old trucks but never hurts to try.

ramon f350

Reaction score
dualie all I was going to go to them for was some factory take out seats that i could install in my truck I was not about to let them do anything to my truck

Ramon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online