Brownie box

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you with brownie boxes, what do these look like coming up thru the floor. I have considered doing this, but i wanna see what they look like in the interior.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X 2. I've thought about a Brown Lipe box for the crew cab when the US Gear dies one of these days. They (US Gear) are out of business and no parts are available............... so when it does have problems or needs a part, it will be usless.

Robert.... any photos?

Heath

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I can give you pics.......but it is of a GMC. I used a factory shift boot so it sort of looks like it is factory.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A lot of it depends on how you want it. Of course this is my GMC, but I used a factory shift boot and used an Eaton shift knob since it was more comfortable at this angle.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A lot of it depends on how you want it. Of course this is my GMC, but I used a factory shift boot and used an Eaton shift knob since it was more comfortable at this angle.

Hmm...I see a twin stick...is that just a 205?

Man sometimes I wish I had a longer wheelbase...I could add a brownie box too...Hmm...instead of a 203/205 doubler...what about a Brownie/205 doubler...wonder if this could be done in a married setup? That would be just ridiculously wonderfully incredibly awesome!:sly Heck I may have to get a box just to look into this now.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
X 2. I've thought about a Brown Lipe box for the crew cab when the US Gear dies one of these days. They (US Gear) are out of business and no parts are available............... so when it does have problems or needs a part, it will be usless.

Robert.... any photos?

Heath

I just went out and took one. Kind of dark out so not a very good shot. I think I have some better pics up already here on OB somewhere if someone were to search them out.
I used a factory Brownie shifter and poked it up through the hole where a 4x4 shifter would go , just gave it a couple of small bends. It could use one more small bend toward the rear when I get to feeling energetic some day... like that's going to happen LOL

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
It is a regular cab truck. It has a twin stick 205 in it. I mounted it behind the transfer case, so I only have it in 2wd.....for now. I thought about a divorced case, but then I would have a reeeaaalll short rear shaft!

Another angle:

I love driving it!