Broken crank

trythis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong wrong wrong how was wrong on that guess that it was an injector looks like got a bent pushrod.
I was sitting there watching this engine idle when it started to sound a little different then it started the popping.
Of course my question to you guys is what caused the bent pushrod is it possible a broken crank?
If not a broken crank what might it be?http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d8a997dcd6b0/VID_20190924_181633160.mp4
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

trythis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This truck has been sitting for awhile somewhere between 4 months in a year I suppose it could have gummed up lifter that would cause that.
Also I did use some starting fluid to get it going I am always careful with that stuff I know I shouldn't use it at all but I do. So what are you think it is?

trythis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so now I find the rocker arm is busted but that's all I can say I tapped on the valve and it moves.
You must be registered for see images attach

trythis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to just have to tear it on down to see.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I think I'm going to have to look at it for a while. If you know what I mean,

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm thinking piston to valve contact. The question is why?
Over revving the engine, floating a valve and having the lifter pump up? Foreign object in the cylinder? Broken rod or piston, with the piston flying up to the top of the cylinder and smacking the valve?

Intake or exhaust valve?

Carry on with the autopsy. :popcorn

trythis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over revving the engine, floating a valve and having the lifter pump up? Foreign object in the cylinder? Broken rod or piston, with the piston flying up to the top of the cylinder and smacking the valve?

Intake or exhaust valve?

I'm thinking of just getting another push rod and rocker arm and putting it back together and see what it does.
The funny thing is I don't know if I mentioned this the engine was sitting there idling had been for a while 10 minutes was near running temperature and then the sound of the engine changed and it started the pop pop pop.
My guess is the damage was already done and it just worked on a weak spot I just don't know.

trythis

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Intake or exhaust valve?

Exhaust valve.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is why you could hear it up front in the engine compartment, but not at the exhaust pipe.