brick nose steering wheel

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question: other than the covering material, is there any difference between a standard rubber steering wheel and a leather wrapped wheel for a brick nose?

Follow up question: Is there a difference between a cruise wheel and a standard wheel other than the pad on the front?

I want a rubber wheel (for some goofy reason I like them better) but I want cruise. Is this an option. I bought a good used rubber wheel which is somewhere in my collection but I didn't have anything to compare. Some PO deleted the cruise probably when they changed out the tilt column for a straight column.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Apples to oranges, but when I took the cover off my obs wheel, it was weird underneath.
So I don't know if the wrap was put over a normal wheel, or if it's a different thing entirely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the genuine rubber steering wheel and the leather wrapped XLT wheel are the same grip dia. conversely, the unwrapped XLT wheel is a smaller grip dia than the non-wrapped rubber wheel. you can use you cruise pad on any wheel as long as you don't bust up the brittle plasitc under the soft parts.

crabbypaul

Reaction score
Will that steering wheel fit the column that is in the Bullnose? If the steering wheel will work will the cruise switches and horn button still work

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will that steering wheel fit the column that is in the Bullnose? If the steering wheel will work will the cruise switches and horn button still work
the column will work, you will need to use the plastics for the bullnose on it. as far as the steering wheel goes, I would assume it will work, I never liked the bricknose wheel in a bullnose interior. one of my tricks I used to do was put a econoline steering wheel from a 88-91 van on a bullnose truck. I get a slightly wider diameter and a "thick grip" wheel where the skinny grip wheel used to be.