Brakes

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My excavator buddy has a '89 F-800 30,000GVW 7.8L Ford diesel, 5&2 trans with hydraulic disc brakes. I've driven the truck many times and it stops fine. He told me that brakes were never a trouble spot on the truck. :draw

I had hydraulic brakes on my F-700, never a problem and Ford used the dreaded Lucas hydraulic brake system. :puke:

I think it all boils down to proper maintenance and the willingness to have your hydraulic brake fluid kept clean. :angel:

Dozer,

Why not get your class B CDL. I did, it was pretty easy. Now I can drive any size single vehicle I want with or without airbrakes. :thumbsup:
I had to be convinced to do it, but I'm really glad i did....I should have gone for my Class A, but I didn't have a trailer to use for the test! :rolleyes:

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Mark, you sure you dont want to trade straight across for my Dodge?

If I had your truck my license would be suspended from all the speeding tickets I would get LOL not to mention the melted tires and fines by the EPA for polluting the air with burnt rubber :angel:

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
Markinter, how was your experience with Hanson Intl in Junction? They have had my truck held hostage over a week, Over my brake problems. Blew two new rr calipers in 10k mi, Elec motor for booster went out, brake fluid leaking at every connection. Could have fixed myself but would rather have the write off and time with my little boy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online