BRAKES AND CRUISE CONTROL

Tyrod

Reaction score
:dunnoMy truck has no cruise control or brake lights, they just suddenly decided to quit working?:mad: been tryng to figure it out when i get the free time for the past couple of days but no luck. I started by checking voltage to the stop lights, and there was power to the running lights but when depressing the brake pedal no power reached the stop light side of the bulb terminal. So i then checked fuses and all fuses checked out good :dunno i then checked. the brake switch located on the pedal, it also checked out good. When pedal is pressed power gets to both sides of switch but when the pedal is not touched the pedal only is only hot on one side of switch. So it also checks out good. So i figured mabey the farmer that had the truck before me installed some jicky wiring and it finaly shorted out, i followed the wiring harness from the brake lights to the cab till i could no longer follow it. Nothing looked bad there. So im lost and i dont know where else to look. And according to the diagram i saw the cruise control is tied into the tail lights somehow but the diagram kind of beat around the bush on exact location of wires and what they ran too. Clould the cruise control vacumm box thing have anything to do with it? there are six wires running to it and only one of them had power. If anyone has had this problem before i would love your input or anyone who knows anything about the wiring setup on our idi truck. Mine is a 1990 f250 extended cab long bed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online