Bought a 6.0 and sold my 6.9 q:^(

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
I'm kind of new to this site (or I should say the 6.0) I use to post on the 6.9.
I had a 6.9, ATS Turbo in a 1979 F-250 Super Cab.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then this last July I bought an 03 6.0.......I know it was a BAD year for those but it had 54000 miles, XLT, Lifted, loaded. So I couldn't resit it. I took the Nestee plunge!!!

I hope to learn more stuff from you guys!!! I do love this site and have been watching for some time.....

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Hey your cord is dangling LOL Seriously... nice looking truck. ;Sweet Good luck with the 6 leaker LOL BTW That was a really nice O.O.B.S. truck you built :thumbsup:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
The 03's had a good turbo I think, a lot of guys like them because they whistle alot. 6.0's had problems lifting the heads and blowing the head gaskets (kinda like the 6.9's). So I would say save up some money and get yourself a ARP headstud kit and throw it in (some dealers actually do it for you I hear).

Do you plan on tuning it? If so headstuds are definatly required. SCT Tunes are the best for the 6.0.

What kind of tranny?

And would you mind telling us what you got out of your old truck? I'm really curious, cause that was a really nice rig ;Sweet. And nice 6.0 ;Sweet

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
Hey your cord is dangling LOL Seriously... nice looking truck. ;Sweet Good luck with the 6 leaker LOL BTW That was a really nice O.O.B.S. truck you built :thumbsup:

Thanks!!! I do love my 6.0. Cant wait to hual my snowmobile trailer with it.

All my other Trucks have been mid to late 70's stuff (except for my 55 F-100). This is the first newer rig I have owned (besides my wife's cars LOL). Other then that, I love the old Ford FE's and that's what I normally play with.

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
The 03's had a good turbo I think, a lot of guys like them because they whistle alot. 6.0's had problems lifting the heads and blowing the head gaskets (kinda like the 6.9's). So I would say save up some money and get yourself a ARP headstud kit and throw it in (some dealers actually do it for you I hear).

Do you plan on tuning it? If so headstuds are definatly required. SCT Tunes are the best for the 6.0.

What kind of tranny?

And would you mind telling us what you got out of your old truck? I'm really curious, cause that was a really nice rig ;Sweet. And nice 6.0 ;Sweet

I do plan on Head studs for it. The Turbo has been replaced from the dealer. A buddy of mine that works on them said I was better off with the one thats on there anyway.

I have the Edge Juice with attitude on it right now. I bought the Edge from a buddy of mine for $300. So I cant complain too much. That has helped a lot in power and mileage so far. It has the 5R110 trans in it.

It was too bad I sold my other rig (The 79 6.9). New ATS Turbo (sent it off to get fixed) and a new aluminum rad in it, vac pump and so on. I got $3500 :puke: for the truck. I was trying to sale it for $5000 on craigslist with no luck!!! I sold it to one of the guys I work with. Without the shell.

You can find my post on it, off the oilburners 6.9 forum