Boost line

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Im using that crappy clear plastic line for the boost line. I don't know how many dang times it has snapped, is there any other type of line I can use?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
my glowshift gauge came with some clear flexible tubing. i don't see this stuff being able to crack at all. i have no results with it yet since i have not installed my gauges yet.

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is the 1/8 line find a place that sells black 1/8" air line by the foot. This is used on air systems on trucks and is way better then the tightly coiled stuff they sell for gauges. This is a gates number H30002-02 its made out of nylon.

Attachments

• 072053681550_AIO.jpg
    072053681550_AIO.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 8

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
My line wasn't long enough so i used rubber windshield washer/ vacuum hose to extend it. Seems to beholding up well

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iwas thinking about trying the black air line stuff from my old air brakes LOL

I might use the clearish stuff to see if oil sneaks up (means there is a leak at the gauge connection)

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stuff HCE posted looks pretty good. I have considered running 3/16" brake line, although I think it would be a pain to run the price is right. Get a loaner flare tool at the auto parts place and you're in business.

Better would be teflon hose with braided stainless outside. Way overkill for the low pressure application, but certainly will last a while. Its thick enough that its a little bit of a pain to run still. I used it on my fuel pressure gauge for assurance it wouldn't leak in the cab, and would use it for oil press if I didn't have an electric gauge. anplumbing.com has the teflon/stainless hose and DIY fittings for the ends.