Bolt in seat options

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pelky350,
I've only seen the trays in early 90's trucks, but I have used seats from explorers and broncos, as well as late model [99 / 2000] with the tray... in my book, it's the "magic fix" and Ford already made it..

I used Explorer power seats, 6 way, plus lumbar air bag.... in my F450 "rides like a brick" and it took it from bruised kidneys to good ride.

I just bought another crew cab project truck, I have a pan and a set of 40/20/40 buckets for the front. On this build, I'm thinking of using another pan and a match set of 40/20/40 buckets for the rear, to get rid of the rear bench seat.
On the rare occasions I haul more than 4 pax, the console makes into a seat, so should work.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love when I come across a great tidbit of much needed info!! Thanks for posting this
When you drag through Pick and Pull, look for a truck with bucket seats AND a tray underneath they bolt to... THE TRAY is what you want !!!!

That tray will let you use any Ford bucket seat out of an Explorer or a truck. The tray has TWO bolt pattern.. One is the same as a BENCH seat. The other one is the same as the 40/10/40 buckets with console.

Get one of those trays and Bobs yer Unkle for doing nice seats.. Should find one in a 90 and up truck.. Don't think I've seen them in earlier.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Danielle, I just read through your vehicle list.... now I understand why "No more trucks"... haha..

I don't have a list of mine... cause there are 17 right now, and I'm looking at a "few more".. hahaha.. I don't bother making a list, it would eat up to much space here.

When you mount the tray, you have to mount the seats to the tray first, which makes it a two man job to set in the truck. Also, if you have carpet, I've found using large thick fender washers under the tray at the 4 bolt holes that match the bench seat holes works good to space the tray over the carpet. Use same size washers under the truck and it will spread the mount load on the sheet metal floor.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
81-97 will bolt in. Only issue with a single cab and 40/20/40 is if you have long legs you run out of adjustment quickly because the back of the seat will hit the back of the cab.

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but corbeau seats have this Ridgid wing that sticks up your backside and brakes your tailbone whenever you try to get in like a normal human bieng. Im an extremely agile individual for my size.many on this forum would not consider themselves as such, and I imagine those folks would really hurt themselves big-time attempting to enter our taller trucks with a hurdle attached to the seat. Per my experience, if you aren't racing and sliding sideways in your seat very bad STAY AWAY FROM CORBEAU hahah. Great seats, just not for something described as "comfortable".

As a side note- I knew I was collecting those seat pans for a reason, I just didn't know why until now. I thought it was because they had the good seat with the fold down cupholders mentioned in a previous post, but looks like I was subconsciously a few steps ahead of myself. I have found five to date, all in regular cab 92+ trucks, xlt + trim only. (Most I've found we're EB trucks) and all first gen lighting's got em too, although I've never seen one in a jy.

Great info on this thread

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
81-97 is direct bolt in.

Makes sense. My 87 has same front seats that I saw in a 92 for sale posted in another thread, unless Ford was still putting that same wood cupholder from the previous gen in 92s .

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but corbeau seats have this Ridgid wing that sticks up your backside and brakes your tailbone whenever you try to get in like a normal human bieng. Im an extremely agile individual for my size.many on this forum would not consider themselves as such, and I imagine those folks would really hurt themselves big-time attempting to enter our taller trucks with a hurdle attached to the seat. Per my experience, if you aren't racing and sliding sideways in your seat very bad STAY AWAY FROM CORBEAU hahah. Great seats, just not for something described as "comfortable".

As a side note- I knew I was collecting those seat pans for a reason, I just didn't know why until now. I thought it was because they had the good seat with the fold down cupholders mentioned in a previous post, but looks like I was subconsciously a few steps ahead of myself. I have found five to date, all in regular cab 92+ trucks, xlt + trim only. (Most I've found we're EB trucks) and all first gen lighting's got em too, although I've never seen one in a jy.

Great info on this thread

Yep, corbeau seats in a sports or race vehicle are great. Not so much in a dd pickup truck...

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wood cupholders were likely a Centurian or Mark V aftermarket conversion as I don't believe Ford ever put any real wood in their seats setup, but that should not change the interchangeability

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wood cupholders were likely a Centurian or Mark V aftermarket conversion as I don't believe Ford ever put any real wood in their seats setup, but that should not change the interchangeability

Man, I hate the wood cup holders in my 94! Are there any good bolt in options that retain the flip up seat and replace the cup holders with something more functional? Or do I have to build my own?

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Imho, the wood cupholders are about as "functional" as any 90s era pickup. Ford or otherwise. Dodge truck didn't get a cupholder at all haha. If your truck is an extended cab, the oe center console from the captains chairs trucks should bolt in

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imho, the wood cupholders are about as "functional" as any 90s era pickup. Ford or otherwise. Dodge truck didn't get a cupholder at all haha. If your truck is an extended cab, the oe center console from the captains chairs trucks should bolt in

Both the 90 and the 94 that I have are extended cab. The 90 has captains chairs fold-up armrests and a plastic bucket type console with a lid and cup holders. The 94 has captains chairs with air lumbar support and wood cup holders with a flip-up center seat and two small compartments.

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 92-94 version of your 90 model center console should bolt in, and those cup holders work ok in my opinion with the little "base" that pops out for bigger cups, but I don't know if you'll like it any better really than what you've got now... Depends on your preference really

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 92-94 version of your 90 model center console should bolt in, and those cup holders work ok in my opinion with the little "base" that pops out for bigger cups, but I don't know if you'll like it any better really than what you've got now... Depends on your preference really

Agreed! What I'm a do is just build a new top for the center seat/ cup holder/ compartment that I have now. Looks to be a fairly easy project and then I would have exactly what I wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online