BODY WORK ON THE IDI

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
one more layer of bondo,i sprayed some rust enamel on it, cause i drive it everyday,it needs little more sanding though, i got to get some spot puddy. but its looking pretty good ,tell me what u guys think.;Sweet

Honestly? It does not look that good. It is white and I still can see your body work. I am sorry buy you asked:dunno

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
wouldnt that be expected since he said he was still working on it..... just saying i think he was more asking how does the progress look like is there too much/ to little bondo but thats just me. I think it looks good so far and looks like you are well on your way to having a good looking truck im going through the same thing right now. matter of fact i think we started at the same time at least i know i came in from starting body work and saw this thread. what colors are you going with after you finish?

Oh yeah and d_b do you ever stop bein a ****? just a question cause it seems like any thread you post in you always have something bad to say and downing other peoples work. just think about that because i will not respond to any more bs you post as i dont want to ruin this thread.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like a good start smooth out the edges they are too sharp on the body lines a little sandpaper and a good hand will make it great

I-HFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wouldnt that be expected since he said he was still working on it..... just saying i think he was more asking how does the progress look like is there too much/ to little bondo but thats just me. I think it looks good so far and looks like you are well on your way to having a good looking truck im going through the same thing right now. matter of fact i think we started at the same time at least i know i came in from starting body work and saw this thread. what colors are you going with after you finish?

i have seriously thought about doing rhino liner down the body line on the bottom, and i am going back white with the truck, and putting new cab lights on the top.that side of the bed was so bad , i have come a long way for how tore up it was. but i think rhino liner would look awesome , that way any thing that flys up would most likley hit that spot. :sly , its just a slow process im esimating about two to 3 weeks till its painted cause im having to do it at my dads work after school. its just a slow process but its coming. thanks for the comments.

I-HFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly? It does not look that good. It is white and I still can see your body work. I am sorry buy you asked:dunno

i do agree it does need more work, i can still see spots in it too, but you should of seen it before. ill get pictures up of what it looked like before after i done with it.;Really

milightfo

BLACK SMOKE
Reaction score
lots of hard work ,and i commend you for taking that on,you will look back and say, i did it myself instead of taking it to a body shop.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK;Sweet

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
rhino liner on the bottoms is awesome and i seriously thought about it for mine but my damn gun that i bought with the kit just gets clogged up all the time and wont spray. I kinda want to do that to my truck as the gravel roads and pastures i drive through are not nice to paint job with the mud tires on the back. but I have a buddy who painted a whole truck in rhino liner and he has hit trees and the thing has gotten all dented up but there is no rhino liner missing. Its tough thats for sure

I-HFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wont be able to work on my truck till the 27 i got caught with tobacco at school lol, so my parents took my IDI for 13 days lol.

I-HFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more body work

this is what i got done before i got caught lol, tell me what you guys think. and the two green lines are both the body lines,sorry i messed one of the green lines up lol , how far up should i go with the rhino liner?:dunno thanks guys

Attachments

• 0913101841a.jpg
    0913101841a.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 0913101848a.jpg
    0913101848a.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 0913101949a.jpg
    0913101949a.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 10

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
i wont be able to work on my truck till the 27 i got caught with tobacco at school lol, so my parents took my IDI for 13 days lol.

The truck is coming along....I am jealous of the rust free metal though!!!

If getting caught with tobacco at school was the worst thing I did when I was younger.....my parents wouldn't complain.

I'll get my rap sheet....or rap file cabinet...from school adn send it to your parents. They will be so happy that you didn't do any of the things I did and give you your truck back lol.

When you say rust enalem, do you mean Tremclad paint? I often thought about how that would look on the old pickup....it's supposed to be tough as nails....we use it on the dump truck boxes. We spray it on with a siphon feed gun with a little reducer mixed in.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
this is what i got done before i got caught lol, tell me what you guys think. and the two green lines are both the body lines,sorry i messed one of the green lines up lol , how far up should i go with the rhino liner?:dunno thanks guys

To the second green line from the bottom. Dont use Hurculiner or duplicolor. They are garbage. If you want a DIY try this http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40743

I-HFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the second green line from the bottom. Dont use Hurculiner or duplicolor. They are garbage. If you want a DIY try this http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40743

The truck is coming along....I am jealous of the rust free metal though!!!

If getting caught with tobacco at school was the worst thing I did when I was younger.....my parents wouldn't complain.

I'll get my rap sheet....or rap file cabinet...from school adn send it to your parents. They will be so happy that you didn't do any of the things I did and give you your truck back lol.

When you say rust enalem, do you mean Tremclad paint? I often thought about how that would look on the old pickup....it's supposed to be tough as nails....we use it on the dump truck boxes. We spray it on with a siphon feed gun with a little reducer mixed in.
im going to use tractor supply paint , i just used rust enamel for a primer on bed cause thats all i had

I-HFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well who makes something in a can?
thats not to $ pricy, and thankyou, i just got my truck back the other day but im having to hold off for a coule days cause were trying to fix a wreked mountaineer over at our house. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online