Body parts for you guys in the Rust Belt!

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this one on Craigslist - located in Des moines, Iowa. Engine is apparently toast but look at all those great body parts! Wish I had the time and a trailer. Sure, it is 2 wheel drive, but all those great body parts, good interior and a complete turbo kit - somebody needs this thing so i thought I would post it up. if someone on here buys it and parts it out, please let me know. I would like to buy the the complete AC system.:sly

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5399443656.html

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice looking rig.. But as the listing states.. Engine damage last week.. Well I call some BS on tha because I see rust on the vacuum pump pulley and that wont happen in a week. Seller appears to really want you to believe there is not much wrong but I'm guessing someone may know what is wrong. Still a great price for this rig. Too bad the tires and wheels are not part of the deal.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's that much there in parts easy. If you were looking for a dually axle and a turbo kit it would probably be worth it.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig.. But as the listing states.. Engine damage last week.. Well I call some BS on tha because I see rust on the vacuum pump pulley and that wont happen in a week. Seller appears to really want you to believe there is not much wrong but I'm guessing someone may know what is wrong. Still a great price for this rig. Too bad the tires and wheels are not part of the deal.

Bare metal rusts overnight here.... Brake rotors are orange in a week or so.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
My truck was sparingly driven by an elderly guy in Wisconsin before I got it in 2013 and the vac. pump pulley was pretty rusty.

2.5 years and 18,000 miles later, it's still rusty. It gets driven usually once or more per week by me. Welcome to the temperate, humid, and salty Midwestern rustbelt.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The longer this truck sticks around on CL. the more tempting it is for me to borrow a trailer and go down and get it. About a 4-5 hour drive from where I am. I'd pull the turbo parts off of it and then send the turbo to Russ to work his magic.Then the kit would go on my truck.:sly If it was 4x4, I would have already done, or somebody probably would have beaten me to it.