Blown e4od rubber line in Beaumont Tx. Help! I'll pay

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi gang, well, I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place. Against my better judgement we used rubber lines to supply the tranny from the radiator. Even though I built a makeshift heat shield from an old downpipe Shield, at least one of the lines blew back at the transmission. It's too hot for me to touch right now and I have to change to get under the truck and in the puddle... So, is anyone in Beaumont Tx? Furthermore do you have access to metal e4od lines? Or at least have the supplies to fabricate from the transmission past the downpipe? I've got to pick my wife up at the Jacksonville Florida airport at 11 pm Eastern Time... It's not looking good...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Q/Q
Until you get under there to look, the possibilities are endless. Loose clamp, burnt hose, hole rubbed in it, etc.
What's the reasoning behind using the rubber line? What was wrong with the stock line?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the event that I am able to get it patched up so that it won't blow again I found some multi-purpose Road Tech automatic transmission fluid anyone know if it will work? It says that it is rated for all Mercon performance levels. Also, capacity is 10 Q?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86