Blending fuel ?

d tree's

Reaction score
Curious if anbody here is blending with WVO ? and #2 if so how long and what %.

I have the 2001 Ram with of course the hated vp44 :backoff thanks ,D

hayisforhorses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't hate the vp44 it is actually a very good pump john deere has used this system for years on tractors with no issues. The problem with them is poor supply fuel to them, in fact to the death of the vp's is because they are a good enough pump to pull fuel through the dead lift pump and still run the truck, the reason they die is because once the lift pump dies they cannot pull more fuel then it needs and no xtra fuel( lift pumps job) overheats the pump and kills them.

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put thousands of miles of wvo/#2 blend on my last truck. ran like a top until towards the end i started having fuel supply issues. before i sold the truck i ended up putting 5 or 6 lift pumps on the thing in a 1 month time frame. after trying to find the reason for burnt up pumps in the electrical system i finally pulled out the fuel lines and noticed that they were 50% clogged up with goop. even with the fuel system heated it turns out that the detergents in #2 and wmo cause the wvo too turn to jello and very slowly coat the inside of the fuel system.

this is pretty remarkable in the fact that my fuel temp before IP was 170-180 degrees and the wvo still turned to sludge.

if for some reason i get a wild hair and decide to kill a truck by running the blend again. i would try running B100 every couple of tanks. i bet B100 would clear out the sludge but needless to say i learned my lesson and will stay clear from running wvo and #2 in the same tank for extended periods of time.

understand that the problem is cumulative. 1 tank wont hurt anything. 10 tanks probably wont hurt anything either but i ran well over 100 tanks of the stuff and i payed the price.

i found others who suffered the same problems at cumminsforum.com of coarse unlike you i didnt research untill after i had the problems. bad on me but smart on your part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online