Blah

linkfarms

IDI Addiction
Reaction score
my idi has 2 1/4 straight pip to the rear and it's very loud to me. It cackels like no other at 2500 rpm. I've gotta be carefull in town cause there's a sound ordnance now and i shift at 1500rpm to be quiet. After i rebuild everything i'm gonna run a 3inch straight to the back right side with a slight turn down and a custom powercoated tip.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One funny thing I noticed a little while ago- well, first off, when I first did the exhaust on the truck, I tried it with 4" straight pipe clear out the back behind the rear tire, and it was raspy as all get out. Just a few weeks ago (before I put the stacks back on), just for ***** and giggles, I ran a straight pipe to the back of the cab and dumped it off right there. I drove it just a little bit, and although I imagine it would have been loud as hell if you really stomped on it, the engine noise wasn't NEARLY as loud as I had been expecting. I guess the more pipe you add, the more the engine noise increases...weird.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Mine is the factory 21/2 into 3" straight piped and exits in the stock location and is loud and raspy. It does get old after a while. It is really too loud and gets too much attention.
I want to find a decent muffler to quieten it some and get rid of the cackle.
I ran it for a while just behind the cab and that is just obnoxious once you get any real rpm's. At highway speeds you can't hear anything but the exhaust like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online