Big trucks need big exhaust

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well, I'm finally wrapping up the things to do list of wants and momma let me go spend some mad money. So what did I get one might ask?

4" exhaust tubing for the now not so gay truck.

Total cost.....$120.00 ;Sweet
I must say that even a mandrel bent tailpipe setup is very tight under these trucks but it does fill a void.

Oh and noticeable turbo whistle at any rpm over idle.......:love: -Drool -Drool
I have even noticed that the turbo now builds boost quicker than before while driving round the block with the winders down and only 40 degrees out.:peelout

Decel from a downshift? I was told by the guys at the fire department last night that they thought I was a big rig coming up to the intersection with the jake on.:D

Now I just need to get me a decal made up of a dog or cat being shot out of a tailpipe for the bumper and all will be good.cookoo

Here's a few pics of the install with it running you can see the veggie byproduct making its' way.

Attachments

• P4070404.JPG
    P4070404.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 61
  • P4070405.JPG
    P4070405.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 67
  • P4070406.JPG
    P4070406.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 57

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good Ron! Does anybody know of a good on-line source for mandrel bent 3" shapes, like 90 and 45 degree pieces?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Looks good Ron! Does anybody know of a good on-line source for mandrel bent 3" shapes, like 90 and 45 degree pieces?

Thanks Mel.
I got the tailpipe piece from Napa and it was supplied by Dynomax, the straight piece and elbows were straight from their stocked parts.

I'm pretty sure you can get what you're looking for there.

Shoot it only took bout 30 minutes to get everything all put in place and welded up. Too bad I couldn't find my welding gloves to avoid the hot turds dropping off that extension.-cuss

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NAPA I was in last night only has the crinkly bent ones. :rolleyes: Perhaps I should ask to see what else is in their catalog.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here ya go Mel. http://store.airflo.com/ Prices aren't the greatest but they do have about anything intake or exhaust related for making custom parts like boots and piping for installing intercoolers, home made Tymar setups, exhaust pipe etc....

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
look in the walker catolog at napa. thats where I get 90% of my 3" + exhaust parts that dont come in the kits
most of the time prices and availability is good

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Airflow. Good link. I see that this is the former airflowonline.com, which is where I went to get my Moose Air intake parts. They must have expanded their site a good bit. I also see the Napaonline site lists a good many elbows, some in chrome, stainless, and aluminized, so I guess any NAPA can get them for me. It's just nicer when you have a brick and mortar place that you can buy more than you need and take back what you don't use.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

I haven't done business with them,but there's a seller on ebay that has what looks like a nice selection of combination bend pipes in 3" fairly reasonably priced :http://stores.ebay.com/Performance-...-Pipes_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ5QQftidZ2QQtZkm

If you have a Truck Pro heavy truck parts store nearby they carry all kinds of larger pipe sections, decent price.

-------Robert

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Ron, excellent deal and very good looking setup ;Sweet .

Tonkadoctor

Thank You for the good link.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score

Auto-Jet. They'll make you anything you want. I needed the tightest radius 3" bends for the turbo project you can imagine--You can't imagine. I actually made a phone call to 'em to find out how it's possible to make that bend.

I don't know if they're reasonably priced, I just went with the first company that said they could do it.

Oh, 1 800 247 5391 ask for John

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thanks for the site Tonkadoctor, it will come in handy when I get a turbo in the next couple of weeks. It doesnt take any special MIG wire to weld aluminized steel does it?