big hp idi

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
I love how everyone says it takes $6k+ just because 1 person decided to rebuild his engine at the same time and ignore the ones that havnt rebuilt the engine but achive the same power....

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I forgot, you guys are all south of the border.

By the time we pay the duties, shipping, taxes and other "charges" our government puts on things, we are paying close to 1.5 to 2 times the actual price of what you guys would.

Honnest to god. Dad bought an IP for a 1999 Ram (Bosch VP44) from Pensacola. At the time I think it was $950.00. By the time the freight, taxes and cross border tarriffs were added in, I think dad said it was almost $1850.00, Then he had to mail his core back which was another $140.00.

This is why when you guys but something that costs you guys next to nothing in shipping, sometimes free shipping, I say it costs me an arm and a leg!!

99% of stuff I bid on ebay has free shipping to the US....but to come to Canada, only a couple hundred miles, is like $30 PLUS taxes and duties.

I know, I should just move south of the 49th parallel.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot, you guys are all south of the border.

By the time we pay the duties, shipping, taxes and other "charges" our government puts on things, we are paying close to 1.5 to 2 times the actual price of what you guys would.

Honnest to god. Dad bought an IP for a 1999 Ram (Bosch VP44) from Pensacola. At the time I think it was $950.00. By the time the freight, taxes and cross border tarriffs were added in, I think dad said it was almost $1850.00, Then he had to mail his core back which was another $140.00.

This is why when you guys but something that costs you guys next to nothing in shipping, sometimes free shipping, I say it costs me an arm and a leg!!

99% of stuff I bid on ebay has free shipping to the US....but to come to Canada, only a couple hundred miles, is like $30 PLUS taxes and duties.

I know, I should just move south of the 49th parallel.
NOPE get a postal box in US collect 1x a month...

I use http://www.bettasservices.com/
but http://www.myshiphappens.com/

May be close to you I don't know...check it out....

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Racin's engine is actually a darn near stock build that is actually pushing close to, if not more than 400hp now. Iirc he is close to 200k miles on it and has been pushing over 350hp for the last 20k or so. Rebuilds cost quite a bit in general. It just depends on what power level you want to attain. I see no reason at all why someone couldn't just bolt on a better turbo and IP plus the supporting bolt on type mods and easily get 300hp.

Also as far as it being easier to hit higher horsepower on newer diesels or even a 12v Cummins for that matter, it is easy to get 400-500hp easy but when you get much above that, you are spending some cash no matter how you look at it. I mean turbos and head studs and other mods like that start to add up quickly. I guess it just really depends what you want in the end. As for me, I plan on helping push the idi platform further. I want to see what kind of punishment my stock rebuild can take. As more people start to push these engines further, we will really know what they can take in the long run. What we all have to realize is that even engines like the Cummins had to have the boundaries pushed so that everyone knew what kind of mods worked and then others in the future could copy that blueprint. This applies to the idi as well even though it had come a bit later cus of the lack of aftermarket support.

Either nobody believes those numbers or are extremely envious of his builds LOL

Most don't think the IDI can get over 300 hp ;Really

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al I'm sorry I don't have it but racin is the one that did it recently there is a video floating on you tube I hear. I can get the specs though.

99' 444

Reaction score
I remember reading about an IDI that was built in the 80's or 90's that I think was around 900 horsepower if I remember correctly. From what I remember reading it hauled a** on the dragstrip, but it didn't last very long. I'll try to do a search on it.

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about an IDI that was built in the 80's or 90's that I think was around 900 horsepower if I remember correctly. From what I remember reading it hauled a** on the dragstrip, but it didn't last very long. I'll try to do a search on it.
Shouldn't have to look hard it was reposted a day or two ago

99' 444

Reaction score
OK, sorry. I haven't been on this site for quite a while and this is actually the first post i looked at, so i'm not very up to date.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We oldies here are quite aware of the Hypermax built engine....Ya kinda kicks a$$...but costs more n most likely all of us make in a year combined...rofl

In all honesty it's a real simple thing, increase fuel, increase volume of air....not necessarily boost pressure but volume! and crank the heads down with good honest prep and studs and you can make 300+ HP and 500+ FtLb Torque!

It is just a matter of the right combination of parts and away you go.

Add juice and get more...

bottle feed it....get more....

Add propane...bottle and juice and hope to heck you don't go KaBoOm!

Al

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
riotwarrior;711032 It is just a matter of the right combination of parts and away you go. Add juice an get more bottle feed it....get more.... Add propane...bottle and juice and hope to heck you don't go KaBoOm! Al[/QUOTE said:
lol truly made me laugh

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, sorry. I haven't been on this site for quite a while and this is actually the first post i looked at, so i'm not very up to date.
No worries man i wasn't trying to sound like a **** it really was asked about and I posted a link.
Sometimes mongo no put the rite words together.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK......with all the guys on the warm side of the 49th parallel... could you guys up north (that kinda talk funny) just send the money to someone down here to receive. repackage and ship stuff up to you guys???
I mean kick'em a few for gas. send'em a bottle of moonshine..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online