Bid Ed's new friend

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Just picked this up yestreday:
1977 Bronco, The body had been redone and it is a pretty solid truck. The interior needs some work, It runs excellent.

It has a built 351M Edlbrock intake, carb, duals, c6 automatic.

I always wanted on one of these things, and now I have one that matches my truck! Even has the same hood scoop. Too bad I will have to put it up for sale,....eventually,..;Really

Attachments

• 1977 Bronco 1.JPG
    1977 Bronco 1.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 28
  • SV500001.JPG
    SV500001.JPG
    428 KB · Views: 40

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...have you checked out the latest DieselPower mag? there's a sweet sweet EB with a 4BT in it makes round 400 HP. woot

Perhaps it's time for a 4BT swap into that sweet ride....

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
OOOoooooo me likes me likes :thumbsup: I would have to wait for the "right person" to let that one go. Two, three years at least to make sure your not selling a lemon to the customers :angel: ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same Bronco that my late father-in law had before he traded it for the one that eventually became the Moosestang, except his was orange instead of red.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
sweet Bronco Darrin. that it one of my dream trucks right there.

Thanks Rob, One of My dream trucks as well! I alwys loved these ole Broncos. This one is cool cause it is a 77, the last year of that body style.

So the 351 coming out and a 6.9 getting dropped in??
you do have some experience?

Nope, the 351M runs too good to replace, sides it would be way to nose heavy with an IDI. That would be cool though,...

I agree with Gruss, I may have to check this one out for a couple of years to make shure it is a good one. I will price it at $12,500...Cant understand why it hasen't sold yet,.:dunno Guess I will take it to the dunes again,..:rolleyes: :D

The Boss..Lori saw it today, She likes it! (I knew she would) but she didn't say Keep it ,....yet...

Tony and I are getting it cleaned up from sitting for a year. We got a lot done on it today and it is looking good. I need to replace the ingition switch to make it driveable.

Gotta go help Bob with the turbo..

IDIeselman

Reaction score
At $12,500 you may not keep it as long as you like, I can't believe what those old bronco's are worth. Are you sure it's a 351M and not a windsor?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I do believe it's a Windsor from what Darrin told me earlier this week.
a 351 M would be a tight squeeze in that engine bay.

I'm sure I'll be sniffing that one over purdy good tomorrow.-Drool

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
At $12,500 you may not keep it as long as you like, I can't believe what those old bronco's are worth. Are you sure it's a 351M and not a windsor?

It is really more like a $6600 to $7500.00 Bronco, so if I ask 12,500 for it I should be able to keep it for quite a while,..:D LOL ;Sweet

It is a 351 M (M is for Modified) not a Windsor or Cleveland. Yup it is an oddball motor for this truck and it does fit, just no headers.The M motors are what they used in the pickup trucks around 76-79. This one is built pretty good, it has a nice idle to it with real good compression, lots of chrome. I think It has about 3,000 miles on it. The trans is built also!

I will let Ron check it out tomorrow, ...a little anyway.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
It is a 351 M (M is for Modified) not a Windsor or Cleveland. Yup it is an oddball motor for this truck and it does fit, just no headers.The M motors are what they used in the pickup trucks around 76-79. This one is built pretty good, it has a nice idle to it with real good compression, lots of chrome. I think It has about 3,000 miles on it. The trans is built also!

I will let Ron check it out tomorrow, ...a little anyway.

:thumbsup: Schaweet ride, wish Karen would let me have another truck in the yard cause that would be the one.:love:

Whoever did the install did a really clean job given what little space there was for that big block.
Some diamond plate her and a little there and dang that thing will be a killer cruisin ride.

Nice find Hound!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online