Beru?

Flagship

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought that you should *always* use Motorcraft glowplugs and *never* use anything but Motorcraft glowplugs.

Now, I see references to Beru glowplugs and all seem to think they're just the thing to install. I recently bought and installed some Motorcraft ZD-9 plugs and looked at the bag they came in and can find no reference to Beru anywhere.

I assume Beru is NOT Motorcraft? What is a Beru glowplug? Who makes it? Why is it OK to install when no other is?

I'm hoping this isn't one of those *DUH!* questions. I hate when I do those!

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Beru makes the glowplugs for Motorcraft, If you buy Motorcraft you are buying Beru. I just recieved my Motorcraft plugs, they do not say Beru on the outside of the wrapping, just Motorcraft. Engraved on the plug is Beru, and nothing about Motorcraft. I hope this helps.
john

Flagship

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahah! So now I know.

My Ford dealer will sell ZD-9s to me for $18 bucks. Guess I'll stay there.

I've got to buy more. I had three burned out plugs and they were all Bosch plugs. I'm going to replace all the rest, which I assume are Bosch so they'll be the correct ones.

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Check around with other Ford dealers, mine sells em for $12.00, I am in a real small town though, I bought mine on Craigs List for $5.00, you can find them on ebay too.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
There was another thread very recently that was saying you can get the very same ZD9's from O'Reily's Auto Parts for 10 bucks each. Save some money and go that route!

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
About 4 years back there was a sale at Autozone and they were like $1.50 each I bought 40 of them, think I still have 8 sticks left :)

Recently though the best price I've seen for them new is EBAY, around $9.00ea

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Rock Auto, Rock Auto, Rock Auto...

Honestly they have the best prices on most anything....

I bought 4 Motorcraft plugs from them, with the %5 discount code. They didnt show up at first so I called them, said they were probably lost in the mail and sent me 4 more. Within two days I had 8 plugs, called them up and said "im sorry" the others showed up after all, they told me to KEEP THEM!

Good customer service...

And that's hard to find with online companies! ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The autozone price was $2.99 each.... A lot of us bought all they had...:sly