Beru GPs always come out in 1 piece

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JB80 works well also but finding it is almost as hard as finding Kroil. A little parts store up in Ohio near where I lived would always keep 2 cans off to the side for when I stopped in.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
This thread reminds me I still have a stuck glow plug that needs taken out.......Oh yeah, it's an autolite that broke off flush with the head, you're lucky with how yours broke.

DragRag

Reaction score
I like my engine to, but I got 100 Bosch Plugs for $3 each, no tax or shipping. That's 75% off compared to Beru and I have had zero problems with them. I used to only buy Beru, then i realized that there are alternatives that work just fine for way less money. But, I say spend what you like. I have way to many trucks on the road to spend like that, and everything I save goes into my right pocket. The grand scheme plays in here.

Black dawg

Reaction score
There are other plugs out there that are very good, but for the 7.3 solid state application, everything but berus suck.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If pblaster got it out, then it was coming out anyway. It's in the catagory with wd40 etc. For things that are REALLY stuck, you need something industrial grade.. If you think Pblaster fits that bill, then you have never really had to deal with seriously frozen fasteners. Heck, I couldn't even get that garbage to do their little styrofoam dissolving test they like to brag about on the can ( although I have no idea what dissolving styrofoam has to do with dissolving rust, but if it cant even do that....

How about dealing with a hitch on a trailer with the lock on the hitch being rusted in the open position for 10 plus years?. I bought a camper that was in the same campground for ten years. When the people that owned it would be at the campground the owner of the campground would move it on the site they were assigned for the time they were going to be there. He would move it with a tractor on the three point hitch that had a 2" ball and would not even lock the hitch to the ball for the short distance it was going to be moved. The hitch itself required a 2 and 5/16" ball.

When I went to pick it up from PA the hitch was not able to be even moved closed. Spraying it with PB Blaster and working it back and forth freed it up in about 2-3 minutes. If that did not work I would have had to buy a new hitch and have a welder come out and install it before I could have towed the camper back to NJ.

The lug bolts were also frozen on the wheels. They were never removed from when the trailer was new. The wheels never had hubcaps on them which would have protected the lug bolts. In order to get new tires put on the trailer I had to remove the wheels and take them someplace to have the new tires I had installed. The tires were the original tires from 1976 and although they held air they were dry rotted. The lug bolts came loose with PB blaster. I would not put PB Blaster in the same category as WD 40 but above that and below the industrial stuff that you use which is not readily available around here and PB Blaster is.

DragRag

Reaction score
There are other plugs out there that are very good, but for the 7.3 solid state application, everything but berus suck.

I totally disagree, no problems for me running a mix of plugs in my trucks. I never change all 8 at one time. I was buy beru, then to delco, then to bosch because of price. That being said, I am not 100% sure how many of each are in each truck anymore, just to many to count on to many trucks. But, they ALL cold start without ether just fine, and really that's all that counts for me. If they were giving problems I could not afford to use them. After all I can't have 4 guys standing on the side of the road or stuck in the yard at X amount of dollars per hour right? Ya, I like premium **** to, but I like money in my pocket even more.....

Black dawg

Reaction score
I totally disagree, no problems for me running a mix of plugs in my trucks. I never change all 8 at one time. I was buy beru, then to delco, then to bosch because of price. That being said, I am not 100% sure how many of each are in each truck anymore, just to many to count on to many trucks. But, they ALL cold start without ether just fine, and really that's all that counts for me. If they were giving problems I could not afford to use them. After all I can't have 4 guys standing on the side of the road or stuck in the yard at X amount of dollars per hour right? Ya, I like premium **** to, but I like money in my pocket even more.....

I used to have good luck with ac plugs, but after a couple years with nothing but problems with them I gave up. I have tried lots of other plugs with poor results.

6.9 or 7.3 trucks?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
How about dealing with a hitch on a trailer with the lock on the hitch being rusted in the open position for 10 plus years?. I bought a camper that was in the same campground for ten years. When the people that owned it would be at the campground the owner of the campground would move it on the site they were assigned for the time they were going to be there. He would move it with a tractor on the three point hitch that had a 2" ball and would not even lock the hitch to the ball for the short distance it was going to be moved. The hitch itself required a 2 and 5/16" ball.

When I went to pick it up from PA the hitch was not able to be even moved closed. Spraying it with PB Blaster and working it back and forth freed it up in about 2-3 minutes. If that did not work I would have had to buy a new hitch and have a welder come out and install it before I could have towed the camper back to NJ.

The lug bolts were also frozen on the wheels. They were never removed from when the trailer was new. The wheels never had hubcaps on them which would have protected the lug bolts. In order to get new tires put on the trailer I had to remove the wheels and take them someplace to have the new tires I had installed. The tires were the original tires from 1976 and although they held air they were dry rotted. The lug bolts came loose with PB blaster. I would not put PB Blaster in the same category as WD 40 but above that and below the industrial stuff that you use which is not readily available around here and PB Blaster is.

If you got it off after soaking for only 2-3 minutes, then the only thing that happend is the placebo effect, you put the pblaster on and then got mad at it and put some extra arm into the thing. No penetrating oil will free up a truely frozen fastener in 2-3 minutes, it takes much longer than that. all 2-3 minutes gives you is enough time for a lubricant to get in there so when you break it loose with brute force it helps it move a little easier past that point. THings that are truely frozen up generally take about an hour or so or overnight of soaking or longer to breakdown with a chemical solvent what has taken months or years to buildup to the point where it truely won't budge.. If it is truely frozen, metal has formed oxidation to where basically the two pieces have grown together and formed a bond very similar to where two broken bones growing back together where the water has got in and the rust causes it to knit the two pieces together. When they get really bad they become completely fused. This is when you have a bad frozen fastner that needs something serious, if you just have had a few drops of water get in there that have begun to adhere , it can be hard to get them to separate, but they will break loose on their own

that trick used to work for me in the past too, when I was young and strong and when I had arms as big around as my dang legs are now, I could get ANYTHING loose with wd40 or whatever goose grease was available, but with my arthritis, I don't care how pissed I get, I'm not putting any more force on anything. I have to rely on chemicals that actually work.
Air tools are another great way of measuring because they will give all they can on a severly frozen fastener and I've had my 1" IR gun just pound away after a day of soaking with pblaster for a day because I didn't want to blow the budget on a fresh can of kroil for just what I was working on at the moment, and comon, I was using my 1" gun, with that thing, at 1770 ft lbs even pblaster should do *something* to help ( and I've had that blamed can laying around here forever ), but I finally bit the bullet and got the kroil and next day it spun rignt off

Anything that comes off after 2-3 minutes was just a minor annoyance.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything that comes off after 2-3 minutes was just a minor annoyance.

I dont think that I said I had it freed up totally in 2-3 minutes I said I started working it back and forth after 2-3 minutes.

Basically it comes down to this. You say PB Blaster does not work but I say it does. Let's just leave it at that.

I am not going to get into a [insert ******* match Smilies] with you. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle