Been gone for a long time, just stopped by to see what's new..

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, Scott, Mike, has the fall in fuel prices acted in anyway to counteract the slowdown of business?

Ditto what Mike said. In my case though cars are to some degree a "need" item. The credit crisis has killed the car market along with high fuel prices. Credit because nobody can get financed to buy anything, which hurts me on both sides of the coin as I haul new & used cars & the fuel prices hurt me because 1. I gotta buy it & 2. most of the vehicles on the road prior to the price spike were SUV/truck. now everybody wants a gas sipper so NONE of the wholesale buyers are buying trucks right now. Thousands of dealers competing for hundreds of economy cars equals little freight in my area. I've been in the car business since 94 & have never seen anything like this before. Scary $hit. It is however a nice change to only have to wire money to the fuel card once a month now instead of 5000.00 every week. That has helped with cash flow dramaticly. The downside to that decrease is now all the clients want a price drop in the rates ASAP. I've dropped some but I was slow to go up in the beginning so it's time for me to recoup some of my initial losses. I should know by the end of the week if I'll be a one or two truck operation. Bid results should all be in by Friday.....

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
i hear ya man, the wife and I both have credit score over 800 and it took dang near a month of bs with the bank to buy this house that is well below my means.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't really been keeping up with the BOOB meetings. EZ faded away?

I guess that is more of what I meant. He used to come to the events but hasn't in several years now. He's not quite as visible in this forum either since his conversion.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
i hear ya man, the wife and I both have credit score over 800 and it took dang near a month of bs with the bank to buy this house that is well below my means.
I used to have impecable credit. I don't think I could finance a pack of gum right now. So you moved off the property you were on when I stopped by?

I guess that is more of what I meant. He used to come to the events but hasn't in several years now. He's not quite as visible in this forum either since his conversion.
What did he convert to? I saw the reference to farm animal above. Dodge? I guess maybe there's a sense of not belonging anymore once you move away from the basement, or the fear of all the crap you'd get pulling up to an IDI event with a PSD or other truck. Me, I just got busy with other things.

I'd like to get back in the fold here & have been wondering if the 71 bronco would accept an IDI without smashing the frontend into the ground. I'll start a thread on that for opinions.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Zeke put a Cummins in his 93.
Yeah, times are fun right now. With fuel prices as low as they are, I really want to go buy an IDI, but now I can't find one, and probably couldn't buy it anyway.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we've all come to terms with repowers. Times are too tough to enjoy swonking anymore. We've not been doing that for quite a while now. If times get better, maybe we can go back to it? LOL EZ stopped coming long before he converted anyway. He just got the cummapart in his Ford a few months ago.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Hey I'm here I didn't go anywhere it's just You guys are too fast and I never get to answer a question on the IDI's but I'm always here. There is no other community like this one that I know of. Yes I visit the 1st gen forum to learn but I guess it is hard to make friends there :dunno. It's funny, a couple days ago I was thinking about You Scott Welcome again.:cheers:

Btw I still drive an IDI :thumbsup: just not the one I had on My truck.
Viviana and I miss the meetings, this years was very hard for us both not economically but we had a big loss and haven't recovered yet.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Hey Scott! What luck. I only check in about once a month these days too. Way too much stuff keeping me busy outside of the truck world.

Tom

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to say hello too. I am deployed alot these days and when I am not deployed I am training somewhere else. I am deployed right now to Afghanistan, so I read alot more here than while I am home. But I still think about the IDI's here and there. The Dodge is doing well for me though. No problems and I have about 64K on it already. I would like to a nice two wheel drive IDI for tinkering around in.

Good to see you guys are all staying busy, glad to here the trucks are still running. I think I saw reklunds truck in diesel power awhile back. That was pretty awesome. Scotty

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow Scotty! Good to hear from you. Thanks to you and everybody else over there for keeping it quiet here. ;Sweet

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem, thats what we do. I am on number 7 right now! Either way, hope you are guys are having a good year. I still read from time to time, so keep it up. I always like to read your stuff and the rv.net stuff. Man, I must be getting older. Scotty

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
ok......I ain't been around much other than the sub sub basement board....but I will start out with......Fizzzzuuw.....SWONK....there ya go EZ....SWONK SWONK. Just for good measures.....

And hey there Tractor Traitor.This has been an interesting year all around.Especially here.I ended up getting canned and got a better job making bombs.If I hadn't gotten fired earlier this year I would have been fired the end of this month since they cut out 3rd shift a year ago and cutting 2nd shift out and laying off 5 salary people where I used to work.Business really tanked for Fire Hydrants and Water valves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online