BB Code vs. Moose Misters

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the flow rate of each?
Pop pressures?
Has anyone run each on a dyno on the same engine to compare horsepower and torque numbers?
How does flow rate vs. pop pressure affect power?

I'm researching for future upgrades to my engine after I add my intercooler :sly

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only thing close was a guy who dynoed moose dps and maybe bb. Havent ever seen scientific comparisons made.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I believe this has been done a few years back by Heath at a rally. Figures were posted but I can't recall what was happening. Something was not giving a complete reading on the differances. Theres not a lot of information about what you asked for. I have never seen any flow figures on the Bb codes but I do know they are factory set for 1850 psi. I could only guess at what the Moose Misters are set at so that wont do you any good. When Mel first talked about these special injecters he told me they were to be multi port nozzles. I was excited to hear that and asked how many ports in each nozzle and at what pressure they were set too. Well as things go sometimes Mel's guy was not able to EMD the multi hole nozzles tips. I really can't give any more information on what the Misters are because I don't know what they are or the pop pressure. I was at the time reading all I could about the multi port stage 5 psd electronic injecters. The ones I liked were multi port with 5 holes that were done by the EMD machine and the holes were square. Then they were honed clean with a spray flow of lapping compound to even them up and clean off the machining flash. Cost was around $1000.000 each...:eek: At that time we could buy 5 sets of injecters for our engines so you can see they were very expensive. What I was hopeing for was to cross over some of the design features to our injecters.. BTW those psd injecters were designed for around 40,000 psi pop pressure thru two huid fuel pumps. Those injecters were really not streetable either. Our mechanicl injecters at 1850 psi pop pressure pales in comparison. Some time ago a noted member here was talking to someone that was around when these idi engine first came out. That person had figured out increasing the pop pressure made these engines really wake up but the injecters and injection pump didn't last very long. Something like 25,000 or 50,000 miles of useable service life and then you changed them out for another pump and injecter set. I can't say much more about this because thats all I know... And nope... I wont out the member that shared this with me either. I say that with respect...

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
IMHO (and I mean this with no disrespect) on our engine a set of BB codes are just as good or better then misters, the only real improvment to be made is by upping the pop pressures, no matter what the pressure is the same amount of fuel will be injected/burned but the higher the pressure the shorter the injection time (seems so far 2000psi for normal turbo power works fairly well). With our precups the spray pattern plays very little to no part in how well the picture burns, so long as its being atomized itll all burn just as well. Oh and a little food for thought for those that think 2k psi or slightly higher is to much... stock G codes were 2100 psi new.

Once again just my 2 cents and nothing against Mel and the moose products just one guys view on injectors

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2200 psi is best for bb codes an the fuel level an turbo set up that 90% of us run. Mel injector have been dynoed an are thought to not make much of a difference in power. An I believe it is because of the turbos an fuel thats being pushed through is not enought to SHOW OFF THE HARD WORK thats been put into them. I plan to get a set of misters at 2500psi an custom turbo kit an custom fuel system I am Positive I will see a gain in power over the BB codes.