Battery Relocation

ddec4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok now that my Exhaust project is done I am heading towards the intake side of my turbo. I am considering locating a cone filter setup like the one agnem shows in his photo album. If I move my battery I will get a better flow of cooler air. I was thinking of moving both batteries into my toolbox which I never remove but then I really never can remove without it bein a pain. Anyone have suggestions about battery relocation or is the location of the filter I saw in the photo more than enough air. :dunno Just thinkin again.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I would tinker around under the bed. I think there may be some room there for a battery or 2. Just be sure to put it in a good box/container.... with a vent.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
do you still have the factory ats air box? if so why not plum into it and make a ram air intake, and out a k/n filter in that box, that works much better than a open element

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Might check out the Optima battery conversion Darrin did on his Big Ed Makeover. IIRC he put both batteries side by side and freed up a corner.;Sweet

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Might check out the Optima battery conversion Darrin did on his Big Ed Makeover. IIRC he put both batteries side by side and freed up a corner.;Sweet

Thats what I would do to free up space. Plus the battery cable is expensive and possibly not worth $$$ the distance to the tool box......

ddec4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all Thanks for all of the great feedback, thats why I posted this thread. I like the idea of putting them side by side, I had origionally thought about that but couldnt invision it. I am going to check out that optima batt conversion. As far as Ram air Here is apic of the ats air box I have. If thats stock then I have one. My truck is not specd with a turbo so I dont know.I know I have an 093 that Had the 3" upgraded exhaust (now 4") and It does have an ats airbox but the current location of the air intake sucks!!! :dunno

Attachments

• turbo3.jpg
    turbo3.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 27

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
well for a ram-air just get some kind of aluminum duct work, and something to use as a scoop something bigger than the stock thing, but the only down fall that you may not like is you got to cut beside the radiator support you cut a hole there put fasten your scoop in that hole behind the grille area hook the duct work up to it and then to the factory ats air box, put a good filter in the air box, and you should see boost quiker and youe engine should be more responsive. i would post pics of what im talking about, but i dont no how to post pics.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
did this work i tried to post pic not sure if it worked lol

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 24

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
And one more, finally figured out how to post pics

Attachments

• intake2.jpg
    intake2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 30

ddec4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks easy enough I will have to fab something up this weekend and make that happen

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
yea it not to hard just have to have something to cut the support right there, thats how mine is and it works realy good you can tell a difference

ddec4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Darrin I checked out those pics the other day and I like it. By the way the thread for your Cummins Conversion should be printed and saved in the smithsonian, it definately got my mouth watering. I am ISB,ISC certified and would love to take on such a project in the future.
I plan to move the batteries in the near future. I am just weighing the pros and cons between a ghost tube and a ramair. I have heard good and bad about both.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
whats rong wit the ram-air? if your worryied about water getting in, well i drilled a couple of holes in the air box at the lowest point, and if its snowing real hard out side then i just un hook it from my air box, i like my ram-air tube, it works alot better than an open element i think