Battery/Charging/Electrical??

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The business has been Rocking this summer so I haven't been on the forum in awhile. Of course Im here now when I need some HELP!!!

Truck had been running normal all year long with out any real issues. Couple of weeks ago take the wife out for some ice cream get back in the truck and CLICK!! No power. Get check the cables, find the + cable is a li'll loose wiggle it a bit and here the FP kick on and go back to the key. CLICK!!! This happens for about 5 mins. Dig around in the tool box find some things to make the connect "TRUE". Repeat above process for another 15 mins. Call Trip A to come take it to the house. He gets there hooks it up for a Jump! First bump of the key CLICK! Jiggle around with the cables, and Notice the Neg. Cable is HOT!! Bump the key! Fires up! Drive it home.

Replace the solenoid, and it cranks up no issue!

Truck sits for 4 days, went out to crank it today and I get the SLooooooow cranking and no start. Check the cables again, notice the Neg is a li'll warm, but not hot. Hook up the charger, flip it 100 amp quick start, hit the key. Cranks a li'll faster but then slows down. Flip the charger to 15amp Fast charge and let it sit while do some other things.

Come back 20mins later and no change in cranking speed still slow still no start. I did notice that the GP module?? is making the a clicking noise again after the WTS light goes off. (It was doing that back in the fall, and I replaced it when I replaced the GP's)

This electrical BS is beyond me, and it seems to happen every year. Which means the Batteries, Alt, Hot Wire to Starter, Solenoid, GP Module are all less than a year old.

This song and dance is getting old!!

Any thoughts on what else is happening that I'm missing???

Thanks

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I would start with a good cleaning of cable connections.
Not just the Ole wiggle trick. Lol
Coke cola works good. Then put on a anti corrosive chemical.
Petroleum jelly works.
Also, load test your batteries individually.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on cleaning the connections, or just replace unless they're fairly new, in my experience with the clicking of the glow plug controller means you have a bad bullet connector on your glow wiring harness or a bad glow plug.

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned all terminals and cable ends. Replaced the Pos cable that tie the batteries together with a new cable!!

Cranked Right Up!!!

Thanks guys!!!

I know some of the connectors are in sad shape, and some in worse after replacing the GP's back in the spring.

But now I have noticed a fuel leak at the connection from the IP out to the injector.

Guess thats what happens when I spend the cash on 4 new tires when, that had 5-10k left on the old ones.

We drive 'em cause we like the challenge!!