Banks Wastegate Adjustment ?

SIKPUP

Reaction score
I installed a used Banks kit on my truck. It looks like the adjusting rod for the wastegate has been moved from the factory setting, I only can get 9 lbs of boost with a loaded 24ft enclosed trailer at 65 -70 mph. It runs up to 9 lbs and opens every time, so I think it needs to adjusted ! Do I make it longer or shorter to make more boost ? :confused:
Thank you,
Mike

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Shorten the rod. Loosen the nut, slip the pin out of the bottom of the WG rod & shorten it all the way up. I just did mine & went from just shy of 10psi to about 11.5psi You have gauges, correct?

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
11.5 would be sweet ---- For my wife.. Just kidding. 11.5 is perfect until you get that water in there. then you should be able to bounce that needle around pretty good. Scotty

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, just a little good natured ribbin!! Gotta get ready for the big day tomorrow. Dropping my rear tank and putting a new pickup on the sending unit. It will be nice after having that on there. Should be able to get 550 or so out of my tanks then. Scotty

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
No harm, no foul. Maybe the Jarhead thing was a bit over the top as well. You see, your truck is better than mine & it ****** me off. So instead of striving to improve my truck, I get mad & make rude comments. I'm sorry.:D

Sikpup, sorry we have hijacked your thread. Scotty told me how to crank up the WG & I passed it on to you, so I guess that sort of keeps this on topic, right? Did you get it cranked up yet? If you're getting more than 11.5 psi after you turn it up, be sure NOT to let Scotty's wife anywhere NEAR that beast:flipa ;Poke :cheers: :D

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any luck with the WG adjustment. Another way to gain some more psi is to turn that fuel up some. That will be worth a point or two. Scotty

I can take the ribbin, makes for a good forum... Scotty

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
beretzs said:
I can take the ribbin, makes for a good forum... Scotty

I'm glad you feel that way. I didn't want to **** ya off, just playing around. It also crossed my mind that I was antagonizing (sp?) a Special Ops Officer. That can NOT be good for ones health :idiot: :cheers:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Staff Non Commissioned Officer.. I wished I made that money.. You guys are never going to get me riled up, I am probably the worst antagonizer, besides Builder Bob over on the Diesel Stop.. You guys are all considered my friends and are always welcome to my place for a drink of your choice. You have helped me enough, I owe all you guys big time. Scotty

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, no buzz cuts on this kid. Not since I was a youngin. Wife likes the hair a little longer. I ain't no darn hippy though... So anyhow, how is that new GV working for you, with ALL that boost, and low RPM's, I am surprised you haven't traded in that underpowered Peterbilt yet.. Just kidding.... Scotty

SIKPUP

Reaction score
Just got back from a long weekend, I didn't get to try it yet. Shorten it, and yes my gauges are working. Thank you,
Mike

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I figured being career military, it was required, (the buzz cut). The GV is working great. I just got back from the beach about an hour ago & it ran strong the whole way.( about 400 miles round trip) And yes the boost was way up there under full pedal. I think that little WG trick along with turning the fuel screw the rest of the way has been my best mod yet. Oh, by the way, 2 things: The Peterbilt HAS been rerated to the highest possible output that motor can withstand & 2. 80mph @ 2650rpm, 8.5psi of boost & 750-800*EGT. How ya like me now? ;Poke ;Poke

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pretty good, I run right under the 2500RPM mark at 70mph, with 4psi, and about 450 egt's.. I am happy with those numbers and since I have CRUISE control, it cruises down the freeway really nice. Scotty

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
beretzs said:
I am happy with those numbers and since I have CRUISE control, it cruises down the freeway really nice. Scotty

Damn it. ;Pissed ;Pissed :frustrate :frustrate. Match point: Beretz.
(Commentator speaks quietly) "Apextrans has really become mouthy as of late, but Beretz really put him back in his place with that little backspin serve. Yes, well executed & nice delivery. Well let's see if apextrans can return the abuse."

Hey, what's the daytime highs out there. It's about 102* here with the heat index & humid. But ya know what, I didn't sweat one bit on the way to the beach because ............. MY A/C WORKS!!!!!!! :moon: ;Poke :D The numbers you quoted could be wrong ya know. With all the sweat that must be running into your eyes, it's probably hard to read your gauges. :rotflmao

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron