Banks sidewinder upgrades

middaymidnight

Reaction score
Can't find much Info on these turbos, I believe they are a Mitsubishi te06h? I was just hoping somebody new about them. I am wanting to put a larger compressor housing on mine and an wondering if that's possible

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is the current turbo still in good condition? if so,please send me a pm with a price.id like to have a backup just in case one day either of mine fail.unless you have other plans for it.thanks.sorry for the hijack.

middaymidnight

Reaction score
No problem, I'm keeping the turbo I was just wondering if there was a way to get a bigger compressor housing on this hog. I'm looking at getting a pump in the 100-110 cc range and needta keep my egts to a minimum

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Best idea is contact either Mel at Conestoga Diesel in Pa or Russ at typ4 in Oregon. Both can rebuild or upgrade most if not all turbos. The Banks sidewinder wastegated is the tuff one for parts so don't expect much if any upgrades. Russ told me he had some upgrades but not many for this turbo.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
please keep me in mind if you do that.i'll help ya fund your new endeavors.;) these are a perfect match for how i use my trucks and supposedly they're hard/expensive to replace/reman.
in light of the other threads i just ordered a spare set of G codes in case prices skyrocket.having a spare turbo sure would be cool too.

middaymidnight

Reaction score
If I decide to sell it you will be the first to know. It has no shaft play and I would let it go pretty cheap if I decided to go that route

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The turbo flange is a standard T3, so many other turbos will fit. This is probably the easiest way to go rather than mess with a turbo wheel upgrade. I don't think there really are any upgrades for the turbo, and even if there were, they'd likely be pricey, you'd need to tear the turbo part way down at least and likely want to look into balancing.

You can get a HX35 for a couple hundred bucks that will give you more boost. They're used on late 90's cummins motors, and are fairly common to find in good shape being removed for turbo upgrades.

The turbine inlet should bolt up, turbine exhaust can likely be adapted without much trouble and the other fittings should all fit without too much work.

That being said, you're biggest problem with upgrades will likely be the physical space to make it fit. on the motor....