Banks install - how long did it take

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my used Banks turbo kit has been gathering dust in the garage for too many months. I can't afford to have the truck down too long, so the big question, how long did it take for you guys to install it by yourself? Trying to figure out if I have enough time to get it in this weekend?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yes you can get it done within a weekend just plan on about 16-20 hours if you work like I did, which was took my time and made double and triple sure things lined up properly, and wrestled with cutting back the firewall, plus counting the trip to sears for a body saw to reach up in there.

Now second time around much quicker - naturally.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Ya, one weekend should be plenty of time. If you really worked your **** off, you could prolly do the turbo and exhaust on one saturday, and the gauges the next saturday.

Last edited:

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

I decided to do some prep work this weekend and start the install in two weeks. I got the the vacuum pump installed, the alternator belt idler pulley V1.0 installed, a "new" (never installed) 1994 Kesley-Hayes hydraulic trailer brake controller installed, and I am working on the gauges now. Anyone have a 1991 alternator bracket forsale? I want to make idler pulley bracket V2.0. I need the vertical piece that bolts to the water pump.

One more question
Since the part is going on my 1991, is this a diesel question?
There is 1998 F150 SC Lariet in the salvage yard, any ideas where the keyless entry module is hidden? I looked through the cab, but could not find it.

Last edited:

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Jon-

Is the 91 v-belt? If so, I've got a bracket from the 84 (i think they are the same...) at the lake. Gonna head down in a couple weeks to get some other things and to tear apart one of the trucks in the shed. Wished I'd have known you needed it, I'd have picked it up when Lee and I went down there last weekend. You are more than welcome to it.

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bobby, it is a v-belt.
I tried to keep the pulley as close as possible to the mounting bolts on V1.0. However, it does not cause the belt to make enough of a vee if I go around the lower side of the pulley. If I go around the upper side, it makes a nice vee but the belt is dangerously close to the upper mounting bolt. V2.0 should be better. I will post a picture later of V1.0.

aaklingler

Reaction score
If you don't have a parts list for the turbo you may want to get it and ths.e instructions from bank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online