brokeasajoke

Reaction score
So started turbo install today of
banks waste gated kit today. Ive had this kit since september. I can
assure you the up pipe wont go in
with the studs installed lol. Things
seemed to go pretty smooth.
Checked foot on up pipe to make
sure it is on block not trans Checked again per FORD250XLTHD.
That mistake seems to cause a lot of problems. Ok checked one more
time. Checked one more time with
flash light. That grommet in valley
pan was a booger. Only lost it once.
Turbo seems to line up with hat
pretty good. No need to turn up
pump. My R&D pump will already roll coal like a juiced up expensive diesel (no offense) at wot and hit 1200 easy on a hill. +1 for Justin.
Developed a coolant leak while
under there and o crap went throughmy head since i just done
headgaskets bit was just my
helper's knee that shifted top rad
hose. Back support bracket to trans
is bent and wont align up but must
have happened when they took the
tranny out of the parts truck i got the banks kit off of. O well should
resume monday.

brokeasajoke

Reaction score
Nope. I assume you are talking about downpipe. A scissor jack made some extra room.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Nope. I assume you are talking about downpipe.

nope, up pipe, my old style banks has a crushed up pipe IIRC, its all banks equipment (full kit) no funny business haha i plan to lift the body and create more clearance so i can replace it with a non crushed pipe that'll let it breath much better

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

those clamps on the up pipe/pedestal holding on my wrap had to be spun to the side,as the dp (also wrapped) needed the room the clamp heads were taken up.she's snug.
i just loosened and spun them up by the head.

Last edited:

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
SNUG!!!! haha sorry i dont have specs myself but the last thing you want is for it to come loose, you can always loctite it just to make you feel comfortable, then you dont ahve to worry aobut tightening it so tight it stirps OR not tightening it enough.

my 2 penies

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
thanks for the post 250lxt! is that yours? they do smash that a little dont they? I dont think my old school banks has a cast UP pipe. Ive been juggling between "upgrading/updating" to a new style but im on the fence.

I got my hypermax a few days ago for my next project truck, I love how they handled the DP. They "smashed" it but they widened the pipe extra wide where they "smashed" it as not to reduce flow but still clear the firewall. Its a casted DP as well.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah a bit.i mean it's got to fit.it's built by top of the line engineers and tools we've probably never heard of,of course so it's maximized for flow in design to max it's space restraints.without their engineer degrees and equipment,it's gunna be pretty hard to rig up a pipe of your own to best it.:D

i had no idea the dp on the hmax kits was cast.that's pretty cool.she'll never rust away.

(yeah.that's one of mine.that's the kit i documented during the install of log truck.during chip trucks build up,i never documented a whole lot.with my second truck i wanted to fix that.:D iv got a whole long story build up i call the log truck show.check it out if you haven't seen it yet.)

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
thnaks broke!!! i think its just the old styles didnt have that handy little casted Y pipe in addition to the cast "pedestal"

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
props to you for boosting your NA!!!!!!!!! ;Sweet turbo'd diesel are the best way to go!!! hell turbo anything to be honest:sly

brokeasajoke

Reaction score
Lets just hope it stays together. Lol. New HGs rebuilt heads and bolts torqued to like 116lbs